14

"I am grounded for two weeks

"I am grounded for two weeks."

"Are you serious? But what about Georgia's party on Friday?" Emma complains leaning on the locker beside me.

"You really want to go to that stupid party?" I ask her while my eyes wander over to Georgia who's standing at her locker repainting her lips with lipgloss.

"I know we don't like Georgia but just because it's her party we don't have to hang out with her."

"I know but even if I wanted to I'm still grounded."

"Sneak out. Don't look at me like that! As if you didn't do it a hundred times." She says rolling her eyes and I sigh while pulling my biology book out of my locker.

"If I get caught it's seriously over. You saw the dude who drove me to school."

"You mean the bald big bulky guy?"

"He's my babysitter now." I say nodding while I close my locker leaning against it to look at her.

"That sucks. Just because you almost-" I clasp my hand over her mouth looking around.

"Don't talk about it. We pretend it never happened okay?" I press and her eyes are wide as she nods quickly.

I feel something wet against my hand and squeal pulling it away from her mouth.

"Ew you're disgusting." I chuckle while I clean my hand on my jeans from her saliva.

"I know." She says grinning.

"Do you think your dad would calm down if you'd talk to Zayne again?"

"Probably but he's not picking up his phone and he isn't in school either." I sigh while my eyes wander back over to Georgia who's now talking to her friends.

I always wondered how it would be like to be her.
It seems like she has an easy life she lives up to the standards of being a pretty and sadly stupid blonde.

I wouldn't say I am jealous but maybe a bit nostalgic when I think of her life. I would easily want to switch with her if I could.
If you feel and are genuine life seems to be much more screwed up.

"Hey Sof you still with me?" Emma puts her hand on my arm pulling my attention towards her.

"Yeah sorry I was distracted." I say and she nods, her eyes widening when she looks behind me.

I hear the thud at the locker beside me and don't need to turn around when I smell summer, beach and salty water.
"Hello." Christian whispers into my ear standing behind me but I don't dare to turn around.

"Hey." I say clipped while I look at Emma who's eyes are widened so much that I'm scared they're going to fall out any second.

"Saw a broody guy dropping you off this morning. Your dad still angry?"

"Angry is probably an understatement of the year." I say while I still look at Emma.

Christian steps from behind me to stand beside her.
"We can do something fun?" He asks raising one brow while he shoots a grin at Emma who visibly swoons at it.

I shoot her a glare and she bites her lip guiltily.
"We have bio now Christian." I say while my eyes wander back to Georgia who has her eyes trained on us and I swear it looks like she's throwing daggers at me.

"And? It's statistically proven that skipping classes sometimes is good for your mental health."

"But not for your grades." I say while I narrow my eyes at him because I can't make out his intentions.

"I don't think he's wrong." Emma speaks up and it feels like the two are conspiring against me.

"I like your friend." Christian says grinning and I roll my eyes.

Skipping class with Christian is dangerously tempting but I know it's not going to end well and my dad will probably lock me up if he finds out.

"I always tell her to get out more but she never listens to me." Emma smiles diabolically up at Christian who looks at her with hooded eyes.

"Maybe I can change that."

"Guys I'm standing right in front of you and you're acting like I'm not here." I say making Emma look at me and chuckle.

"I'll let you two be alone. Go with him Sof." She winks and my mouth drops open while she walks down the hall greeting Sam who just happened to pass by.

"Come on." Christian nods his head to the entrance but I don't move crossing my arms in front of my chest.

"I didn't say I would come with you."

"This is your only chance at doing something your dad can't control Sofía. Trust me you're gonna like it." The look out of his eyes is so intense that I drop my crossed arms considering his words.

He holds out his hand and I swallow hardly while my eyes wander over his face.

"Okay but you're taking me back to next period."

"Deal." He says still holding out his hand but I ignore it walking past him towards the double doors to exit the school building.

I hear him jog up to me and I can practically feel everyone's eyes on us making me feel like I'm walking in slow motion because the burn of their gazes is more present than ever.

I straighten up my spine, head high while I feel Christian looking at me as we make our way over to his car.

Well I thought he got here with his car but he suddenly stops in front of a black sleek motorcycle that looks more like a killing machine.

"You're kidding." I say while I look up at him to see the lopsided smile on his lips.

He picks up the helmet that lays on the seat and holds it out for me.

I stare at him and want to protest but I know it won't do me anything.
So I slowly grab the helmet and put it on, the clasp letting out a small clicking sound as I close it.

Verona gets on the bike and I sit down behind him with the intention to not touch him but the seat is sloping which means I slide it down immediately knocking against his back while he lets the engine come to life.

He turns his face barely to the side making me take in a small clipped breath.

"Hold on tight. I don't think your dad will let me live if he has to scrape you off the street." I flinch at his words making his lips form a grim line while he turns his head more so I can see the guilt in his eyes.

"Sorry that wasn't really sensitive."

I nod and give him a tight smile.
It looks like he wants to say more but instead he looks to the front while he grabs my arms and pulls them around his narrow torso.

"Ready?" He asks and I take a deep breath tightening my arms around him and nodding before I respond verbally.

"Yes."

In an instant Christian maneuvers the bike out of the school parking lot and when we hit the road I swear we're not driving it feels more like we're flying.