32

Christian's POV

Christian's POV

3:44 am.

I have exactly three hours to drive out of town to the base to talk to him and get back in time before my mom starts with her shift. We have everything we need maybe this will be the changing point and everything will be alright.

I'll run away with Sofía if that's the only thing I can do to save her life. Her bag is still laying in the trunk of my car and I have enough money to make us disappear for a year. I put enough money into Robins drawer for them to have and even though it hurts me to leave them if this doesn't go the right way we have to disappear.

I won't be the one who's responsible of her death now after she really showed me who she is. Not after she did this for me and my family so we could have peace. She's going against her own father and even though he is probably the devils son I would've wanted her to believe in him. To still have hope she could change him but she's too smart for that.

I know I was skeptical at first, thought she was just like her father who brings destruction and pain with him, no matter where he goes but she is so different. I can remember how relieved I was when I found out about the real her even though it meant I had to put myself in danger. Which I tried to avoid since the moment my dad was gone.

I couldn't allow myself to disappear because I know my family needs me but I realized me disappearing is the thing my family needs.

The red needle on the dashboard rises with every passing second and I know I will be there in less than minutes, making my heart beat strongly against my rib cage. I'm doing this for her there is no way to feel scared, I know she wouldn't be. She would try everything in her power to protect me and I am doing just the same thing right now.

Once I break from the road through the woods, the only thing seen is the path in front of me that is lit up by my headlights. I don't bother to lock the car as I quickly get out and rush through the grass, not knocking against the front door of the big green building. It looks like a military basis and I always wondered why he needed it so secretly until he told me about the plan. It's as if he planned it his whole life and not just the day my dad got killed.

Once I step into the house I'm met with the familiar smell of pizza and can already hear the voices of the boys in the living room but before I can take a step Kai appears out of nowhere and steps in front of me.

"You have that look in your eyes that we don't need tonight Christian. Go home." I furrow my brows confused. I don't even get a hey?

"What the hell are you talking about Kai? I need to talk to Marcello." I say and he clenches his jaw putting his hand on my chest when I try to take a step forward.

"He doesn't want to see you." I slap his hand away from my chest and step close to him glaring.

"I don't give a damn about what he wants. I.need.to.talk.to.him." I growl, standing up straight to show him I am in no way letting him stop me.