12

"Come on pick up

"Come on pick up." I mumble while I pace forth and back the phone clutched to my ear. I probably rounded the couch in the living room for the millionth time tonight but Emma still hasn't picked up her phone and I really need to talk to her and tell her that Christian Verona is laying in my bed sleeping upstairs.

A few hours prior we were still standing in the kitchen but he was so exhausted that I lead him upstairs and told him to lay down for a bit it's not like my dad is coming home any time soon. But now that I got some time to think over it I don't know if it was really a good idea to let him lay down.

I don't really know what to do I mean I don't even like this dude and than he becomes all vulnerable and I crumble. Who knows what happened maybe he got himself into some dangerous mess and as egoistic as it sounds I don't want myself getting dragged into anything.

"What do you want?" A familiar voice snaps at the other side of the phone and I sigh relived.

"Thank god. Emma I'm having a crisis and need your help."

"Oh now that you need help you want to tell me things?" She sounds stubborn through the phone and I roll my eyes. I guess I need to do someone damage control or else she will stay mad forever.

"I'm sorry Em you know that I always tell you verything I was just stressed lately and the fact that you wanted to know made me want to keep to myself even more." It gets silent on the other side of the phone and I wait for her to speak up while I walk over to the stairs that lead up to my room.

There is no sound heard which means he's still asleep or snooping around my room. I quickly walk back towards the couch to distract my thoughts from worst case scenarios.

"Okay listen you wanted me to tell you something I'll tell you. I don't know how it happened but currently Christian Verona is laying in my bed asleep and I'm home alone so I have no plan on what to do."

"I-what?" Emma stumbles over her words and I let ou a long breath. Now it's out now she can help me.

"He had a fight with Zayne yesterday and I got angry at him because he was provoking him on purpose. So he stopped by today to apologize and the apology turned into hugging and then he cried. He was hurt and exhausted so I let him rest for a bit but now I'm freaking out because I don't know when my dad's going to come home or what exactly Veronas intentions are."

"Breathe Sofía. Is he still asleep?"

"Yes and I don't know what to do." I plop down on the couch to stare at the ceiling. The chandelier makes beautfiul rainbow patterns appear against the white color of it and it calms me down for a moment.

"I mean he didn't do something but I don't know if I want him here."

"Because of Zayne?" She asks and I have to scoff.

"No because of me. If Zayne's deciding to stay a jealous baby he can stay exactly where he is. He knows I have a project with Verona."

"Yeah but he's over now and you're not working on the project. I can understand his worries Sof. He loves you and Christian is a handsome dude with an obvious reputation."