18

"Be careful there's a step

"Be careful there's a step." Marcelo whispers while he leads me through his dark mansion.
His hand is on my back and even though it's warm it doesn't give me any assurance.

Alex left to park their expensive looking car in the garage with the others.
I don't know exactly how many others but judging to this palace it must be many.

"Is this your house?" I ask while he leads me around the corner into a hall with the lights finally on which doesn't make him remove his hand from my back.

"It is one of them yes." He says while he smiles down at me and I nod.

"And Christian..is what exactly doing here?" I ask now because I can't stand the silence that consumes us in between sentences.

I'm so scared that this was just a bluff and he's not bringing me to Christian and I really don't know what to do if that's what's really happening. No one knows I'm here and if I don't come home my dad will notice but don't know where to look for me.

"You're a curious little girl, I like that." He says without answering my questions.

We walk down another pair of stairs and they lead us into a big hall the strum of music meeting my ears.

The first thing I see are two guys sitting on a couch that's in front of a table full of cards.
It looks like they're playing solitaire and I can see the amount of money that lays on the table probably meaning that they're playing for it.

In the back is a pool table where a guy lines up to hit a ball, a pretty blonde sitting at the side of the table.
My eyes widen when I see where her jeans shorts stop and when she catches my eyes she winks slyly before her attention goes back to the player.

Marcelo moves me from what seems to be a living room into a kitchen where many voices are being heard.
It seems like someone's arguing.

"It was your job god damnit!" A voice yells making another one yell back.

"It's not my fault Alex goes around telling everyone everything!"

Before the fight can go on Marcelo pushes me into the kitchen his hand still on my back while we're greeted with four pair of eyes and I hold my breath when I recognize one.

A map is on the kitchen island that stays in the middle two guys leaning against it.
One sits on the counter besides the stove and Christian leans beside him his eyes on me.

"What is she doing here?" He asks into the silence not waisting a second and I feel completely out of place in this small kitchen with three strange guys and Marcelo.

"I coincidentally met Sofía at a club today and I thought why not bring her." Marcelo says and I don't need to look at him to know he's grinning.

Christian looks furious and takes a step forward not even once glancing at me.