Chapter 6: Make It Right

Taehyung woke up in a terrible dream. He is still sweating, panting and shaking after several minutes of sitting up and calming himself. He tried to stop himself from shaking so much but he can't. It's been weeks since his unfortunate encounter in Black Swan but his nightmares of being almost killed and Hyunki's lifeless form still haunts him. This is just on top of having nightmares about his parents and his present situation. He's surprised he isn't crazy yet.

But what he fears the most is the rage he saw in Jungkook's eyes as if it is directed to him even if it is really towards Hyunki. Deep inside, he doesn't want his soulmate to trash him like he is nothing, like he is just as expendable as the others.

He knows he doesn't make any sense, he should despise that person but, how could he? He also saw the fear in Jungkook's eyes where Taehyung was almost killed with just a fucking table knife. His heart did a summersault and he doesn't want any of it. He doesn't want to care. He doesn't want Jungkook.

In his dreams, the gun was pointed at him instead of the perpetrator. He's not scared of that, instead, he is scared of Jungkook's cold eyes boring onto him. He doesn't want any of that either.

He hasn't seen Jungkook ever since that event and it bothers him a lot. He tried asking Jimin about it nonchalantly but Jimin only shrugged, saying it is only normal since Jungkook's a busy person then proceeded in changing the topic right away.

Taehyung knew something was up, but he didn't press any longer.

He misses the younger though, even if he doesn't want to admit it. How could he miss someone he just met? He argued with himself.

Taehyung put his hand on his mouth in a poor attempt to stop his heavy breathing, the other scrunched on to his stupid heart that keeps on drumming in his chest.

Jimin stirred on his side and blink, adjusting his eyes with the surroundings.

They were playing Overwatch the night before, but they slept through it. They almost do this every day, with the exception of weekends because Hoseok will always complain that he misses his lover. Yoongi will just roll his eyes but Jimin and Taehyung knew he misses Jimin as much. Jimin always says Taehyung needs him more than his lovers, and Taehyung always complains at that, saying he can do it – being alone. As much as he doesn't want to accept it, he still needs Jimin for his own sanity. He can't fully rely on his Seokjin hyung, because the older has been busy too, with the looming threat in front of them and the amount of work he neglected to be with Taehyung.

The promised shopping dates have been postponed because of the kidnapping tip by Hyunki, but Jimin reassures Taehyung that they will go outside soon. They will see the world as he promised. While waiting, Taehyung and Jimin did almost everything they could do inside the penthouse, a.k.a. gaming, watching a movie or a random Netflix series, annoying their busy hyungs, eating lots of delicious food made by his Seokjin hyung (and sometimes made by Yoongi) and so on.

Jimin is really a reliable friend, an angel sent from heaven (or a fairy, whatever Jimin prefers) to Taehyung, he's always on his side, cuddling and comforting him whenever he feels down (which is most of the time) since he's still adjusting with his current situation. It turns out, Jimin studied psychology and anatomy. His touches and words are so therapeutic, it shouldn't surprise Taehyung any longer, but it did.

"Tae? Are you okay?" Jimin croaked, pulling and hugging Taehyung to put his head back to their soft and long pillow.

Lying face to face, Taehyung only hums, just focusing on his breathing to make it even.

"Another nightmare?" Jimin frowned, obviously worried for his friend.

"It's nothing," Taehyung reassures, giving Jimin one of his adorable boxy smiles.