~1~

Channelle's POV

On my bed, I sit cross-legged. On one hand, is my phone, as I scroll through feed posts on Instagram, and on the other, is a snack bar, crumbs falling after every bite. My room door bursts open suddenly, causing me to jump with shock, my jaw hanging. Maris, my younger sister figured out what was going to happen, as she ducked and dodged the pillow thrown into the air by me, in her direction.

"What don't you understand about 'knocking before coming in my room'?!" I snapped at my sister, who paid no attention to her question.

She calmly strolled further inside, before plopping herself onto the bed. "And what don't you understand about 'stop throwing pillows'?" Maris answered back with a bored expression, causing me to roll her eyes.

"Well until you start knocking, I'll continue to chuck pillows at you," I said. Maris stood up and walked towards the large, oval mirror on the wardrobe, before tidying up her hair, before she turned around again.

"Mommy is calling you," she said as she walked out of the room. I nodded, still keeping an annoyed expression on my face. As I walked down the spiralling stairs, I huffed. I always remind that little rat to knock before entering my room, but it seems like everything I tell her goes in one ear, and out the other!

"Mommy, good afternoon," I smiled as I reached out to give a quick hug. "How are you dear?" she asked.

"I'm fine, oh," I replied.

"So, concerning your school. You'll be attending a very prestigious school called Great Heights Academy. It's the best in Lagos!"

"Wow. Thanks, Mom," I said, slightly taken aback by the news.

"Mom, what about me??" Maris shouted, obviously eavesdropping on our conversation, as she thundered down the stairway.

"C'mon shut up, what about you?!" I said, eyeing her up and down.

"She will be attending the same school as you," My mom replied, ignoring the obvious glares we both shot at each other.

"What? Why that's not fair!" Channelle whined.

"You two need to stop calling each other names, especially you, share your idea with your father when he gets back," Mom said sternly, giving me a long stare. Maris smiled smugly at this, earning a scowl in her direction. I scoffed inwardly and helped myself by getting comfortable on the brown couch. I got my phone out, and went back to social media, liking people's posts and following.

After Mom said we'll be attending Great Heights Academy, I also went on Google to search for the school's website, nodding in slight interest and trying to ignore my brat sister sticking her tongue out at me. I refrained from shouting at her, as Mom was still in the room.

****

Maris' POV

After Mom mentioned we'll be attending GHA, quickly went on Google to search for the website what I saw made me very happy that I kept dancing around happily not minding Channelle's hard gaze on me.

I already pictured myself wearing a smart GHA school uniform.

"I can't wait", I sing, an excited grin formed on my face.

****

Jayden's POV

"TINNAAA!! I'm so gonna break that head of yours when I catch you. And you better don't think of coming out!!," I heard Jason shouting in the hallway. I'm used to this: Jason shouting and Tina being a troublemaker. I sighed and shook my head.

Jeez, Tina was sure to complete her mission before school resumes - giving everybody a big headache. Jason and I can't wait for the resumption of school which is happening next week. Our parents can't wait to get us out of the house, anyways.

Buzz...buzz My cell phone went off constantly.

I released another sigh before picking up my phone. The school year's group chat has been making a fuss after being told a new student would be joining the final year. Different comments were being shared on the group and they were disturbing my peace. I didn't hesitate to switch it off completely.

"Arrrrgghhhh," Tina screamed hysterically. She must have been caught by Jason. Now I really can't wait for school to resume or else I'll end up in the hospital.

***

Later in the day, Evening

Maris' POV

"Good evening Dad, welcome," I greeted when my dad came through the main door.

"My baby, come give me a hug." He said, putting his work things on the passageway floor

"Aww, I want a hug too", Channelle said coming downstairs to join the hug. I rolled my eyes at her copying me.

"Traitors!! I can't believe you guys are doing this without me," Mom joked, and joined in the hug too, before giving each of us a light smack on our back.

"Elle aren't you going to share your wonderful idea that Mom suggested you share with Dad," She asked with a mockery tone.

If looks could kill I ought to be dead, and six feet under! Channelle looked like she was going to cut off my head off. I knew what was coming next of course, so I ran. My life depended on it as I heard Channelle trailing fast behind me.

Safely getting to my room and quickly locking the door behind me, I panted as sweat trailed down my back. "Don't bother coming out tonight," I heard her outside my room door. She left, but not before banging on it. Pheww - that was close! I find pleasure in annoying her. I mean, having a big sister and not annoying her is surely not the fun of life.

****

Tina's POV.

After having "fun" with Jason, I checked my phone to see tons of messages from our school year group chat.

"What!! Someone is joining the final year and SS1!" I exclaimed as I sat on the corner of my bed.

"Hmm they seem to be sisters, I think I just got myself a new friend," I continued.

I know how everyone in the house can't wait for school to resume, I can't wait too since I've gotten a potential new friend.

EDITED

First chapter is up, hope you liked it! Please vote and leave a comment.

Enjoy your day😊❤

Peace, and thanks✌😘