~ Chapter 38~

Asami pov

"Sami...Kichi...?" A soft, filled with emotions, voice got our attention. Turning we saw a woman pushing a wheelchair into the room.

"Momo..." I breathed out. Momoko teared up

"You're alive!" She burst into tears.

Kichirou and I slid off the bed going over to our friend. I hugged her first. She sobbed into my chest holding onto me tightly.

"Ssh, ssh, we're here. We're here..." I lifted Momoko into my arms. Was she always this small? I looked at Kichirou who was patting her hair.

"Aw Koko, I knew you'd miss me the most." Momoko sniffed before slapping his hand away.

"I did not..." she pouted but she was gripping onto us both. We smiled and set her onto our bed.

"How are you Momo? Tell us your condition." She nodded.

"I...I'm paralyzed..." she looked down gripping her pants tightly "I can't walk anymore. The rubble hit me hard and hurt some part of my spine. Now I can't walk. I'm useless now..."

"Never." We denied.

"You've never been useless to us Momo. So what if you're quirkless and can't walk? You're one of the smartest person I know that brain of yours can carry you anywhere." Kichirou declared.

"Right. And I'm pretty sure there's a things called support items. If you truly wish to walk again we can create a support item for you to use." Momo bit her lip hard. I knew that trait, she's hiding something but afraid to tell.

Kichirou looked at me but I shook my head. We'll give her time to tell us herself.

"But..but I can't afford things like that."

"I never asked about your money. I asked if you wanted it or not." I deadpanned. Kichirou snorted.

"You're speaking to a Todoroki who comes from old money and is the no.2 Hero's daughter. You're covered." He laughed. Momoko teared up again.

"Arigatou..." We smiled

"Don't cry. We want you to smile. I think I've cried enough in the three days I've been awake." Kichirou huffed.

"Daiski? Asami?" We turned to the door again and we gaped.

"Holy- Kazuo?!" Kichirou practically yelled. The boy flinched and hid behind the man's leg.

"Gomen, he was hit with the quirk as well. He went from 10 to 7. And his mindset...well..." he sighed.

"You don't have to explain." I walked over to the man then bowed "Arigatou na, for allowing us to see him despite the sudden request. And gomen, I wasn't able to save Kenta and Kaede but I promised them to look after their brother, so I will." I felt his hand on my head.

"Arigatou, but please. Do not place such a burden on your chest. I'm also glad you made it out okay. He was quite worried." I nodded looking behind his legs at Kazuo who was still hiding his face.

"Kazuo...I'm glad you're okay." He looked up eyes filled with tears he didn't let fall " But how can I help you if you won't let me see you?" I held my hand out.

He whimpered softly before hobbling over with his cast and suport item over it to me. I smiled bending to reach out for him and wrapping him in a hug.

"To think you were older than me." I snuggled into the tiny boy. "Why are you all suddenly so small? I'm not that big am I?"

"Ah, the triplets were always small, it was only recently that they had began to get taller and bigger. We were worried but it's normal." His father explained.