19: Go back to your city

Prince Andrew had been publicly snubbed by Rege, but he didn't fly into a rage. He knew the other princes also had their greedy eyes on the chair beneath Charles III's buttocks.

If Rege and Moen swung to any of them, it was the end for him.

If the first in line for the throne disappeared, the person who was previously in second place would naturally get his chance. Similarly, the third, fourth, and fifth heirs would also get wild delusions. Rege was fully capable of making these so-called heirs disappear one by one.

It was his and Moen's decision that was the final word.

Prince Andrew's cheek muscles twitched a few times, triggered by the secret gnashing of teeth. After a moment he burst out laughing. "My dear, I was just having a little fun with your baby. I misjudged his mental tolerance and I apologize to you for that."

He picked up a glass of red wine and was the first to drink. His tone was quite straightforward: "Come, come, drink to this. We're still the best of friends."

When he heard the words "your baby", Rege reflexively glanced at Jian Qiao. His eyes flashed a little.

As if he hadn't heard, Jian Qiao picked up the wine glass, raised it to Prince Andrew, then drank it down. The scarlet wine tinted his thin lips, and his too pale face made the gorgeous splash of color look shocking.

He felt extraordinarily calm at that moment.

After being so humiliated, he didn't break down or flee. Instead he chose to stay, put on a polite expression, and reconcile with these demons. Because he knew his own dignity was the dignity of Desolette.

Seeing him so relaxed, Rege hooked his lips with interest, then raised his own glass of spirits and tossed it off. He pointed to a Yindu dancer standing in the corner, and ordered in a deep voice, "Come and dance."

The Yindu dancer had a well-developed figure and dark skin, which wasn't compatible with the current pale, young, thin aesthetic fashion. Therefore, even though she wore a sexy bandeau top and a sheer tulle skirt which completely revealed her beauty, not many noblemen appreciated her dancing.

From the start of the banquet, she and her musicians stood in the most secluded corner, silently waiting to be called.

When she heard Rege's command, she immediately widened her eyes. These amber eyes, which were painted with black eyeliner, glowed with ecstatic light. She knew if she were given the slightest opportunity she could perform a dance of ultimate splendor.

She was a spirit born for dancing.

As quick as a flash, she and her musicians were in their element.

Two musicians stepped up the rapid drumbeat, quick as a deer in the woods. The dancer leaped out to the dancefloor surrounded by cushioned settees and started to spin on her toes. In a twinkling, the skirt full of golden mandalas bloomed like a flower, the sinuous waist twisted and flexed, and a blue jewel set in her navel grabbed everyone's attention.

The joyfulness of Yindu music and the enthusiasm of Yindu dance were more intoxicating than wine aged for decades. Everything from that ancient land seemed full of spice and fire.

Prince Andrew and his followers looked dumbfounded with astonishment, then mesmerized. The previous unpleasantness had been left behind.

Shouts of approval, applause, whistles, and even the sound of gulping saliva, pushed the atmosphere of the banquet to a climax. All the guests gathered around, watching with fascination the dancing girl who continued to spin and jump.

The only two calm and sober-minded people in the room were Jian Qiao and Rege.

"Put yourself together." Only then did Rege pull out a handkerchief from his jacket pocket and pass it to Jian Qiao.