30: The beauty of the world

Rege had found out what a fool he was.

He shouldn't have brought Cassia here, that woman only got in the way! Then he could have had a long, frank, enjoyable chat with the gentleman Earl without being disturbed.

It was good to talk about anything. Even if it was nothing more than "I say your name, you say mine", it was a lot of fun.

Being with the gentleman Earl felt like lying on a soft, comfortable bed with countless feathers falling down, touching his brow, lips, eyelids, all the most vulnerable and sensitive parts. The feeling of being gently soothed was deeply intoxicating.

But at the moment there was a third person lying on the bed. She disturbed the tranquil atmosphere, blew away the feathers, and made the environment extraordinarily noisy. Was she trying on purpose to frustrate him?

Because Rege was very frustrated.

He wanted to end the conversation, so he put the handkerchief and perfume into the box.

"Wait, let me spray a little more." Jian Qiao held out his hand. Rege immediately gave him the perfume bottle.

Cassia, who'd just asked for the perfume but was scolded: "..." Smelly men, smelly men, smelly men! All men in the world are bloody rotten eggs!

Jian Qiao sprayed some perfume on his wrists and neck and sighed softly. "I love your scent. When it surrounds me, my mind is extraordinarily peaceful. That's why I developed it, I need your scent."

Rege was a person with exceptional strength of mind, and this trait deeply attracted Jian Qiao.

Rege: "..."

Shit! Sooner or later he was going to drown in the gentleman Earl's whirlpool of honey!

"I'm right by your side, why do you need a perfume?" Rege patted Jian Qiao's shoulder and said seriously, "As long as you need me I'll be with you."

"Thank you, you're so kind." Jian Qiao tilted his head to look up at him, and his eyes were full of starlight.

As Rege gazed down at him, the smile on his face slowly became deep and gentle.

Cassia: I can't bloody stand it anymore! Even if my persona collapses I have to disrupt the situation, otherwise these two dog men will go off without me to have fun!

"Ray, won't you accompany me? I need you right now." It was the first time Cassia had spoken such weak words to a suitor. She pointed to the counter not far away and begged, "Let's go. Help me decide what suits me better. The jewelry here is so exquisite I really can't make up my mind."

The muscles on the side of Rege's cheeks tensed for a moment and then loosened, a facial expression that revealed he was secretly gnashing his teeth.

"Let's go," he said with extreme patience.

So Cassia unobtrusively hooked her lips and walked alongside him to the counter where the diamond jewelry was displayed.

Jian Qiao, with his hands clasped behind his back, followed in their steps.

"Beautiful miss, would you like to see the brooch you noticed before?" the shop clerk bowed and asked.

"Take it out and show it to me," Cassia raised her chin and said lightly.

So the clerk immediately removed the brooch from the display and rambled on about its unique properties.

Rege stood to the side, bored, waiting for the two to finish negotiating. He took out a goose feather quill to sign the receipt.