Vol.1 Ch.1: death.

Authors note- 11-17-2023

16+ go stream "All night" by snow wife! Song above for those interested! 

-------

How did I get into this situation?

-Flashback-

"Everyone! Put your mask on!" Someone screamed, the plane aggressively rocked back and forth as the right wing was blazing with fire. In a panicked state I stood up and held onto the chair in front of me to keep my balance. I frantically looked around to see everyone putting masks that was connected to a string; dangling from the planes top. I saw what was going on, but but the noises around me echoed as if I was in a canyon. 

As I quickly grasped onto the situation at hand, I plopped myself back onto my assigned chair and vigorously grabbed the dangling mask in front of me. I shakily brought the mask to my mouth; taking in big breaths, gosh I was scared to death.

While I was taking in oxygen into my lungs I noticed a kid to my right, looking about 13 or older was bawling his eyes out, shivering head to toe. As the plane rocked the mask that was still in the air; connected by the string attacked to the planes roof kept smacking the kid in the face as he was gripping his hair- struggling to breathe In that matter. 

"I'm going to die! I need to tell mom I love her!- I- " He was mumbling the rest that I couldn't hear.

*CRASH*

A loud sound of something hard being destroyed could be heard behind me, following with the hard wind slamming against my entire body.

Everyone turned around to see that the tail was missing and the only thing that was seen was the blue sky. 

"We're falling!" A passenger screamed. The blood curdling scream of the passenger sent triggers throughout my body, telling me to run. To run? To where? There's nowhere to run. 

Screams erupted everywhere as everyone was in a state of panic. The boy beside me was screaming saying 'I'm sorry!' 'I don't want to die!' and what-not, It was honestly a pathetic sight.

Taking as much courage as I could I leaned towards the boy and looked out the window. We were right above the beach. I can see people below running towards the road and others gaze at us with shocked faces. Well, I think they were shocked, from the distance we were currently at, they looked like ants. 

I looked over at the boy who was looking like he could pass out at any moment; Face pale, looking like he could faint at any moment, his lips slightly parted, and his eyelids hovering over part of his eyeballs. Looking at him a little longer I  let out a shaky breath. 

'I guess I'm dying sooner than I expected. '

I took the boy's seat belt off along with mine and tried my best to cover him. As if I could feel the impact coming closer, I closed my eyes shut, gritting my teeth In the process. 

*BOOM*

The plane collided with the hard ground. I felt my body instantly go numb.