Vol.1 Ch:12- Y/N (edit)

Kei

"Hello Y/N, It's nice to meet you." I said observing the other male. He wasn't too built but he wasn't thin either, he was just in the middle of it all.

"Can you tell me why you were crying? Is everything alright? you can tell me if you're comfortable enough!"

"No- no, its fine, it's just that the head maid was scolding me for something I didn't even do"

" I see..." I forgot that in the plot the head maid along with the others that are backing her up steal from the palace behind the king's back. This character, Y/N was being framed by the head maid, and since no one really sided with him he was executed on the spot.

"It's okay, I can try to help if you want. If this keeps happening then you might get into deeper trouble."

"Yes, but...How?" Y/n looked down, eyes showing worry and fear. He bit his bottom lip and he slightly trembled, trying to stop a tear from escaping.

"You can be my personal butler." I replied, reaching my hand out for him to grab. His head shot up, eyes wide as he stared into my eyes.

"W-wha-"

"As long as you're my personal butler and stay by my side, nothing can happen to you. Besides I can tell you have potential."  What I said was true though, sometimes I see this boy working up and down the fields non-stop. He always cleans the hallway on his own while the maids do stuff they're not supposed to do. And I see that he is committed. Such a boy doesn't deserve such low pay. darn maids. They take everything from him.

"I- no..... yes! I'll take it!" The boy said, no longer sullen (1), his eyes held determination and his lips were curved up into a smile. How beautiful.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

『 System on』

〈Eh?〉

〖Warning! 〗

《In 10 seconds mob player #22267 Y/n will be accused and executed.》

『 System off』

'Eh? Already... I need to make my move fast.'

Just on time two guards came in-front of y/n grabbing him by both arms and began to drag him away.

"Y/n you have the right to remain silent, you are under arrest for embezzlement"

"W-what? embezzlement? What do you mean I didn't steal anything I swear!"

"Silence!"

He looked at me begging with his eyes. I just gave him a smile and nodded.
I followed them to the courtroom where the royal family and the head maid were located.

As we reached the doors, the guard stationed there looked at the scene and scowled before looking at me and widening his eyes. As the door opened the guards walked in with terrified Y/n who was visibly shaking, his eyes swelling up.

"Young master Kei is now entering" The other guard announced as I walked in. Everyone's eyes were on Y/n before shifting to me with a questioning look.

"What brings you here, sir Kei?" The King asks, looking me in the eye. I just stared at him for a bit before staring at the fragile figure of y/n.

"I was on my way to his majesty's work room, but when I heard news of a certain servant, I couldn't help but be curious. So I decided to follow these people to you instead."

" I see.. Now then, head maid you said this was the servant that's been stealing in my palace?" The king asked, staring down at y/n with mocking eyes. The head maid was smirking as she replied.

"Yes, your majesty, that is the servant that's been stealing in the palace." The two guards pushed y/n to his knees as another guard placed a sword above y/n's head.

"No! No please, it wasn't me, I swear!" Y/n cried, tears falling down his pale face.

"You shall be executed for embezzlement." The king states slowly raising his arms. Y/n looked at me one last time, our eyes meeting before he closed them. My heart skipped a beat.

"Wait one moment you majesty may I have a say in this?"

"What is it?" The king asks, his eyes boring into mine. Everyone's eyes were on me, but I slowly turned to the head maid.

"Did you, the head maid see this servant steal with your own eyes?"

"Yes!" She replied with confidence. Her chin in the air with pride.

"When?"

" A couple of weeks ago and before coming to the court room" She then says.

"Hm...and your evidence is?"

"Of course the other maids saw him stealing the young master. Why are you defending a boy that stole from the royal family?" She sneered, staring directly at me with that disgusted look.

" I believe you are lying, that's why" Everyone stayed quiet, some maids gasped at what I said. The atmosphere was tense and the maids were visibly stiff.

"w-what! You must also be stealing from the royal family if you are defending this brat!" Her eyes were wide as she screamed accusingly pointing at me.

"Why would I steal when I practically live here? Besides you said that Y/n stole 'a couple of weeks ago' and 'before entering the courtroom' did you not? How could y/n steal when he was with me the entire time? I was just talking about appointing him as my personal butler.
And last time I checked he was in the fields the entire week just a couple weeks ago as well." I Retorted, walking closer to the head maid, her now cocky expression turning into a one with terror. Every step I took forward, she took back. Reaching towards her, I grabbed her wrist, yanking them, exposing a fancy, expensive ring on her fourth finger.

I then laid my grip onto the shining object that was hidden behind her collar, it would've been easy to miss if you didn't pay close attention to it. Loud gasps filled the air and the head maid yanked her arm away from me, hugging it with her other arm.

I looked at the other maids that were with her. Their heads were hanging low with shame and some with fear.

"I bet those other maids that came along with the head maid also stole from the palace." I glared down at them before looking towards the king.
The king was silent for a moment before speaking.
" Release that servant and catch all those maids, they will be killed immediately! For embezzlement and lying to the royal family!" The king yelled. The guards shoved y/n to the floor and began capturing the maids.

One by one they were killed, blood filled screams were heard across the courtroom that day.
—————————————————-
-VOCABS of the day

(1) Sullen- Gloomy, resentfully silent, repress.