Chapter 3

Next Morning

The next morning Divya came downstairs to see Karan entering Oberoi Mansion sneezing.

"Mera Bacha....here drink this hot coffee. You'll feel better." Gauri handed her son a mug. "There is no need for you to go to college today, just rest." 

"Who said?" Divya asked. She walked towards Karan who was now sitting on the couch wrapped in the blanket and placed her hand on his forehead. "He doesnt even have a fever, I dont see any reason why he has to skip college."

"First you make him sleep outside now you wont even let him rest?" Gauri asked angrily.

"Mrs. Oberoi if Karan was actually sick then I would have allowed him to rest but he doesnt have a fever and after sneezing a few times to show you, he hasnt sneezed again." 

Everyone looked at Karan and at that moment Karan realized and gave a few more sneezes. Divya just smirked and shook her head. "Anyways, nobody is allowed to live in my house for free so either he can go to college or he can come to office but he is not staying home."

"Bro..." Rishi whispered in Karan's ear. "You should just come to college with me, we havent been to classes in a while....if we fail, we will be in trouble."

"My son will not be going anywhere!"

"And what makes you think..." Divya said while walking towards Gauri, "...that the decision is yours to take?"

"Now she is acting so cold, like she doesnt care but....thats not what I saw last night." Shivaay thought to himself. "Whatever...I cant let her talk to Gauri like that."

 "This house may be yours but Gauri is his mother....she has every right to decide for Karan." 

"I never said she doesnt....but because she is a mother maybe thats why she cant see that her son is faking being sick just for her sympathy. Education is important, you agree with that right? Then I see no reason for Karan to stay at home."

"You-"

"You two...get ready, have breakfast and go to college." Divya told Karan & Rishi, ignoring Shivaay. Once everyone left, Svetlana walked upto Divya to talk to her.

"That was impressive." Svetlana said. "I mean, not many people can make The Shivaay Singh Oberoi shut up."

"Thats what I want...for you to be impressed with me." Divya thought as she turned towards Svetlana.

"Oh, silly me...I havent introduced myself, " Svetlana smiled and held out her perfectly manicured hand, "Im-"

"Svetlana Kapoor." Divya finished and shook her hand firmly, "Of course I know who you are Ma'am... you are my role model."

"Role model? Really?"  Svetlana felt slightly flattered.

"Yeah...unlike these Oberois who have had everything handed down to them, you are completely selfmade." Divya gave a charming smile, "I aspire to be just like you one day, but I know I still have so much to learn from you."

"Oh..well, I also live here, pls feel free to come meet me whenever you want to." Svetlana said.

Divya waited until Svetlana was out of earshot before she started mocking her.

"Feel free to come meet me whenever you want to." She said making funny faces.

"Hahaha!" Divya turned around to see Ayesha laughing behind her. Divya started laughing with her.

"I cant believe that actually worked." Divya said in between her laughs. "Just yesterday BD said she was suspicious about me."

"I know...all you had to do was butter her up a bit and all her suspicions went out the window!" Ayesha added.

*************

At around breakfast time Divya & Ayesha came down to see that the breakfast was all made but nobody had come down.

"Huh...where is everyone?" Ayesha asked.

"In their rooms." Tej replied as he came up behind them. "The Oberoi's havent had a meal together as a family in years."

"What? Why?" Divya asked.

"Well the boys are usually still sleeping, ShivOmRu all usually go to the office early to fix everything Svetlana ruined so they get their breakfast packed and Jhanvi Gauri & Bhavya just eat in their own rooms." 

"I see." Divya said. At that moment, she saw one servant packing breakfast for three people while three other sevants each had a tray full of food in their hands as they started towards the stairs. "EVERYONE FREEZE!"

The servants all stopped what they were doing and looked at Divya whil Tej & Ayesha just looked confused. Divya pointed towards the man packing the food.

"You, unpack all that food right now." Then he looked towards the three servants going upstairs, "And you three, bring those trays of food back to the table.....now."

"But ma'am..." One of them tried to object.

"I said NOW!" They all put the food back, "Good...now you can all go inform the Oberois that if they do not come downstairs to eat breakfast at the table like breakfast was intended to be eaten, Ill take all this food and give it to the homeless people."

When nobody moved, Divya looked at her wrist watch, "They have about...10 minutes so I'd hurry if I were you."

So of course, the servants went to get the Oberois and not even 9 minutes later, they were all downstairs.

"What is this nonsense?" Shivaay demanded to know. "Are you restricting our eating as well?"

"Really? Is that what they told you Mr. Oberoi?" Divya asked. "I didnt for a second stop you from eating...I just want you all to eat here at the table because I dont want rats in my new house or my office. So from now on, Breakfast & Dinner will be done at this table on time and if anybody misses that time, they wont get food until the next meal. As for lunch, I realize everyone has work or college so thats fine."

"If you wanted us to come down for breakfast, there are other ways." Omkara said.

"Also, we dont have the time to have breakfast together. We have to-" Rudra started to say.

"Go to work?" Divya asked, "So do I but above everything...you all are family. I know for me, my family is more important than everything...even work."

ShivOmRu looked at each other in shame as they remembered the time when they used to spend together. Over time...with all the problems going on they didnt even realize when they stopped having family time or when they stopped spending time together aside from office. 

***********

"Khanna!" Shivaay called out to his trusty bodyguard.

"Yes sir."

"What did you find out about Divya?" Omkara asked.

"Nothing sir..." Khanna replied looking down.

"What?" Rudra asked, "How can you not find anything? She exists right? So there must be some information...her family, her past, where she is from....something."

"I know sir...but there was nothing on her family, or where she is from. Just that she started DSY Industries 3 years ago and that she has won many awards...nothing else."

"Ok you can go." Shivaay said.

 "Thats weird....why would there be no information on this girl?" Om asked.

"Paata nahi...but she is definetly hiding something.." Shivaay replied. "Yesterday she told Karan to sleep outside and then she went at night to cover him with a blanket."

"She gave that blanket?" Om asked, "I thought Gauri must have, during the night."

"Yeah, I was surprised too when I saw her. She was being very gentle and caring but the next morning she didnt even mention it." Shivaay said.

"Par bhaiyya....how are we going to find out about her now?" Rudra asked.

"Just keep your eyes on her...sooner or later she will make a mistake." Shivaay answered.