Chapter 7

Raghav was sitting at a dock, his feet dangling over the edge when Divya caught up with him.

"Seriously? You cant leave me alone?" Raghav asked, annoyed.

"I will...but first say what can I do for you to forgive me. I'll do anything." 

"Jump into the water." Raghav replied without thinking.

"Lekin...I dont know how to swim."

"Well then obviously you wont do anything...hai na?" Raghav asked. "Leave me alone."

He then got up and started walking away, leaving Divya standing there.

"Raghav!" Divya called after him but he just ignored her. Just as he got a few feet away, he heard a splash which made him stop in his tracks. Spinning around, he saw that Divya was no longer standing there at the docks.

"Shit..." Raghav cursed and ran to the edge looking into the dark waters. Thats when he saw Divya struggling to stay above the water. Raghav quickly took his jacket off and jumped in, with a few long strokes he got to Divya and with one arm, grabbed her by her waist. Divya, coughing clutched onto his neck while he swam back towards the dock. He then helped Divya climb up before coming up himself. Divya stood up and started shivering from the cold.

"Its...cold."

"Yeah well who the hell told you to jump?" Raghav asked.

"You did."

"Wha..I..." Raghav was speechless. "I was angry....so I just said that....How would I know you were actually gonna jump? You dont even know swimming!"

"Yeah...I know, but I said Id do anything soo...." Divya explained while Raghav stared at her like she grew 10 extra heads.

"Lets do one thing, from here lets go straight to a mental institution. TYou can just admit yourself there." Raghav said. Divya started glaring at him but it was disturbed by a sneeze. Shaking his head, Raghav took his jacket which was on the ground and wrapped it around her. "Lets go back home now."

"Arre wait!" Divya stopped him. "First say, do you forgive me?"

"Do I have a choice? You'll just jump somewhere else and Ill have to save you again." Raghav said.

"Oh hello...I am the CEO of DSY! I can take care of myself." Divya told him.

"Haan I just saw that...should I throw you back into the water?"Divya glared at him again and this time Raghav couldnt help but chuckle. "Ok Ok fine...its not like you knew about my past. I forgive you, its okay."

"So...friends?" Divya held her hand out and Raghav shooke it before pulling her closer.

"You know na, this means you cant fight with me anymore."

"Oh haan....I didnt even think of that." Divya thought for a moment. "Thats okay, Ill make this sacrifice."

*******************

Next Morning

"OMKARAJI!" 

Divya woke up with a start hearing Gauri yell from downstairs. At first she was concerned for her Maasi but then she realized why she must be yelling and just slowly got up to get ready.

"OMKARAJI! Bade bhaiyya!" Gauri yelled again, in tears. Everyone came running down to see what happened.

"Gauri? What happened?" Jhanvi asked.

"Mummyji...tv...Karan Rishi...police..."

"What?" Omkara looked confused and so did everyone else."What are you saying Gauri?"

Gauri just pointed at the TV where the morning news was playing. Seeing their sons handcuffed and being taken in a police jeep. Omkara quickly turned the volume up.

"Karan Singh Oberoi & Rishi Singh Oberoi were both arrested for causing a fight in XXX nightclub. Both boys are not only underaged but also they were completely drunk. I dont understand how their parents let their sons get fake IDs and do this stuff." The woman on the tv said.

"Rich Kid things Kavita...Rich kid things. Honestly I would have thought that after almost gong bankrupt the Oberois would have learnt their lesson but...I guess not." The other woman laughed. The Oberois were of course furious while Gauri was silently crying.

"Why are you crying Gauri? This is all your fault!" Omkara yelled at Gauri. Shivaay held his shoulder to stop him. "No Shivaay...as Karan's mother she should have controlled him more. She was so blind in her sons love that she always defended him. Now look what happened! These two have gone out and caused such a big scene. You know what....I dont know about you Rudra but Im not bailing Karan out. He can stay in there for a bit longer."

"You are right Omkaraji....Im sorry. I should have never let Karan get this much out of hand. I cant believe he shamed our family so much! My son is actually in jail for causing a fight." Gauri cried, looking down embarrased.

"At least you learnt your lesson but Ill bet my life that those two learnt nothing!" Omkara yelled. "Ive made my decision. Karan is staying in jail for the rest of the day."

"So is Rishi." Bhavya added. Rudra opened his mouth to say something but Bhavya held her hand up. "Dont even bother! Ive had it with Rishi's behaviour! This is not the way we raised our son! He needs to learn a lesson."

"I was going to say you're right Bhavya. Im really ashamed at what they have done. Even I used to party but this....they are all over the news." Rudra sighed.

"Chalo...at least these guys learnt their lesson." Tej whispered to Divya as they watched on. "But Om is right, the boys wont change that easily."

"Dont worry B.D...main hoon na?" Divya winked at him. Tej softly chuckled and placed his hand on her head affectionately. All of this was unfortunately seen by Shivaay....he couldnt hear them and was super confused as to when Tej & Divya had gotten that close. But of course there were more important matters going on so Shivaay just shrugged it off.

*******************

Later that night...at 10PM

"How could you! We were in jail the whole night! and then you guys just left us there for the whole day as well!" Karan yelled at his parents.

"Enough!" Gauri held a finger up furiously. "I have always given you lots of leeway. Omkaraji always warned me but I didnt listen...thats why all this happened. Your father was right, even after being in jail for so long you two dont think you did anything wrong!"

"Because we didnt Chachi.....all we did was party a bit. The other guys were the ones who started the fight!" Rishi said.

"That doesnt give you the right to continue the fight!" Rudra yelled. "And you two had fake IDs too!"

"Rishi...Karan, from now until I say otherwise...the two of you are grounded." Shivaay told them

"Oh wow SSO has spoken!" Rishi commented. 

 Karan laughed. "You are not our dad! And anyways you dont have a wife or a kid....who made you the boss of us? Who said you can ground us?"

Shivaay looked hurt.

SLAP!

Everyone looked on shocked as Karan fell to the floor from the force of the slap. Karan held his cheek with one hand and looked up to see a furious Divya.

"I've told you once before....I do not tolerate disrespect in my house." Divya said. "Nobody and I mean Nobody speaks to my- I mean elders....nobody speaks to elders in that tone infront of me!"

Shivaay looked at Divya wondering what she was about to say before she changed the sentence.

"Sorry Bade Papa." Rishi apologized quickly, remembering what happened to Karan last time.

"Good boy..." Divya then turned to Karan. "Now your turn."

"I...Im sorry Bade Papa." Karan reluctantly said. Giving a glare to Divya, the two boys went off to their rooms. 

-------------------------------------