𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑

"somebody better watch their hands," julie hissed. connie and reverie both nodded in agreement. the three girls representing team usa had become quick friends, considering they were the only girls on the team.

      reverie was currently squished between luis and dwayne, with adam behind her. luis kept pushing her back into the blond boy. adam tried to push her off, but considering they were all tied together, it didn't really work all that well.

      "ah, i smell something," someone said, disgusted at the nasty smell that filled the air. reverie took a small sniff and smelled it, immediately gagging.

      "maybe it's the smell of reverie's armpits," adam teased.

      reverie raised one arm up and took a big whiff of her armpits that smelled like the coconut deodorant she uses and said, "like zendaya once said, smells like success to me."

      adam rolled his eyes, knowing he got beat. just to rile him up some more, reverie backed up into him even more, making sure to push her body completely against his.

      adam grabbed her biceps lightly, brought his mouth closer to her ear, and whispered, "if you keep doing that love, you will regret it."

      reverie inwardly shivered, butterflies forming in her stomach at the nickname and how close he was to her. but, she did well to hide it as she stomped hard onto his foot. he groaned as he bent over and grabbed at his throbbing foot.

      the rest of the group ignored the two's antics and yelled "goldberg!"

      "it wasn't me," goldberg whined.

      "no it was me!" dean said proudly before reverie smacked him hard on the chest causing him to lower his arms.

      coach then blew his whistle and yelled, "i don't know how to make this any clearer. you are a team and to win this thing, you have to work as one. now as one, skate."

      the team tried to skate, but was met with defeat as they all toppled over and landed on one another. reverie had ended up with adam laying on her, his face way too close for her liking. all adam did was stare at her.

      "get off of me, jackoff," reverie yelled while pushing him off of her. he scoffed at the girl in disbelief and gave her a shove back. reverie pinched his side, causing him to yelp out and pinch her back. this is what started a full on war. they kept pinching each other back and forth before coach finally interrupted them.

      "reverie and adam, you guys need to learn to get along. now, everyone goes their own way. everyone falls down. get up and try it again," coach ordered.

      "all right, all of you move to your right. now," dean demanded. everyone started to skate right.

      fulton decided to counter this and say "who made you boss? everyone to left."

      some people decided to go to the left while other went to the right. this time when they fell, reverie ended up on top of luis. she gave him a sheepish smile before rolling off him and getting back up.

      "you guys can argue all you want,  but i am not untying you until you move as one," bombay said to the group.

      the group quickly picked up on what to do and how to do it. they started skating as a unit.

      "now you're learning! communication! that's it! good, together. move together," bombay applauded. he finally untied the group after doing that exercise for a while.