𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐

the game against iceland came up faster than reverie wanted. as excited as she was to get to play against them again, she was also super nervous. she tore a ligament last time she played against them. her hands were a little shaky as she was putting on her gear in the locker room.

      "coach," adam exclaimed with a smile on his face, "i woke up, and the pain was gone!" he showed coach that he could rotate the stick. everyone cheered for him except for reverie and bombay.

      "adam, i'm sorry. we already have a full roster," bombay said sadly. the room filled with awkward silence and reverie could see the disappointment on adam's face. as much as she hated him right then, all she wanted to do was hug him.

      "he can have my spot," charlie said before walking towards adam, "it's what i can do for the team. let me do it." adam gave charlie a small nod then rubbed his shoulder (CHADAM).

      "charlie, i need you on the bench, coaching right there with me," bombay said while slapping a clipboard onto charlie's chest. the team cheered, including reverie this time, for the boy. they all knew he would make an excellent coach. the team got all geared up then made their way out onto the ice. reverie took a breath before stepping foot into the rink.

      "heads high! stand tall! fly straight! usa!" bombay yelled.

      "all the way!" the team responded with. reverie made her way to the bench. she wasn't on the first line up. she watched as averman took the draw for the team. he got knocked down by the iceland player. guy then got checked down into the corner. 

      the puck went behind the net and goldberg cut it off, letting dean get to the puck. he quickly got checked hard into the boards by gunnar stahl, one of the iceland players. iceland went to take a shot, but goldberg deflected it. reverie lets out a little cheer, watching the game intensely. 

      one of the iceland players tripped goldberg and they managed to score as he tried to get back up. reverie watched as one of the iceland players made a cruel comment to goldberg. goldberg tried to go after him, but was thankfully held back by ken and dwayne.

      "line change!" bombay yelled. reverie quickly got prepared to go out onto the ice.

      "guy, reverie, russ. you ready? get out there!" bombay pats the kids' backs and the three hopped out onto the ice. reverie took her spot and the game commenced. she saw as two of the iceland players cornered russ. she skated over and absolutely bodied one of them. the player went down and she quickly skated back into the game. she heard the crowd cheer. 

      reverie skated around, watching russ about to take his shot before it got stolen by an iceland player. she quickly skated after him, trying to get the puck back. she skated as fast as she could, but she narrowly missed. iceland was up 2-0 now and reverie was beyond pissed.

      reverie tried to knock down as many iceland players as possible, but she's the only one doing it. as she's knocking them down, she watched adam skate onto the ice. he quickly grabbed ahold of the puck and reverie followed him to defend him. she knocks down one of the guys coming after him, but one managed to hit adam with his stick again.

      reverie skated over to adam, checking to see if he is okay. adam and reverie get called onto the bench. reverie and bombay helped adam get onto the bench. reverie quickly pulled up his sleeve while bombay took off adam's helmet. 

      "i'm okay," he said while switching his gaze back and forth, between reverie and coach bombay.

      "are you sure?" reverie asked with her eyebrows raised, a questioning look on her face.