𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏

reverie was surprised to see russ at practice the next day. turns out, charlie suggested russ would be the replacement for adam. she could tell adam was a little upset about being replaced, but she would talk to him about that after practice.

      reverie's first practice back on the ice went really well. she skated around for the first fifteen minutes of practice, making sure she could still skate like how she did before she hurt her knee. bombay told her to take it fairly easy and practice hard enough just to be prepared for russia. he didn't want to push her too hard considering she had just healed.

      adam and reverie threw meaningless insults back and forth to each other the whole practice. the group was getting a little annoyed at their bickering, but were also amused by it. even bombay was laughing at them.

      practice went by fairly quickly and reverie could tell that russ fit in perfectly with the team. after practice reverie took a shower and got changed.

outfit:

      she left her hair to air dry and went to go grab her bag from her locker

      she left her hair to air dry and went to go grab her bag from her locker. she wanted to talk to adam, but she didn't want to do it in front of people.

      reverie walked over to adam and asked quietly, "hey, can you stay after for a little? i need to talk to you." adam responded by nodding his head. reverie went back to her locker and continued packing up her stuff. she waited for everyone to leave before walking over to adam again.

      "are you okay? you looked upset about russ 'replacing' you," reverie asked, genuinely concerned for her enemy's feelings. he gave her a confused look.

      "yeah, i'm fine. it's nothing for you to worry about, princess," he said while looking around the locker room. reverie could tell he was lying.

      "stop lying to me. i know you're not okay with it," reverie said, making adam angry.

      "why do you even care? we aren't friends and we never will be," adam snapped angrily, taking reverie off guard. she was surprised by the amount of anger and bitterness in his voice. she was genuinely not expecting him to be so harsh.

       "am i not allowed to ask if you are ok? what the fuck, adam. just because we aren't friends doesn't mean i'm not allowed to be a little concerned about your well being. i mean-" reverie ranted, but was cut off by adam.

      "god, reverie, you are so fucking annoying. mind your own business and leave me alone," adam told her. she would never admit it, but being called annoying really fucking hurt, but reverie did what she did best and covered it up, pretending to be unfazed by his comments.

      reverie swallowed the lump in her throat before saying, "i'm sorry for caring about you, adam. i will never do it again." she grabbed her bag and flipped him off on her way out of the locker room.