𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟑

after the game, reverie and team celebrated in the locker room. after the brief celebration, she took a shower and got changed.

outfit:

       she walked out of the locker room and she saw adam leaning on the wall

       she walked out of the locker room and she saw adam leaning on the wall. then, she remembered he had wanted to talk to her earlier. she slowly walked over and adam lifted his head, making eye contact with her.

      "i thought you weren't going to come for a second," adam said with a nervous chuckle.

      "so, what did you want to talk about?" reverie asked. adam hesitated for a moment. he could feel his hands shaking

      "i just wanted to say-" adam started before getting cut off by someone yelling reverie's name. reverie's head snapped to where the voice was coming from and her eyes lit up. she quickly ran to the mysterious man and hugged him. adam looked at them with sadness in his eyes.

      "oh my god! how are you here? when did you get here? why didn't you tell me you were coming?" reverie questioned the boy intensely.

      "slow down, rev. introduce me to your friend first and ask questions later," he said, looking to where adam was standing awkwardly.

      "adam, this is my brother, ace. ace, this is my friend, adam," reverie said looking back and forth between the two. adam felt a huge weight lift off of his shoulders hearing the word "brother" come out of her mouth. 

      "hey ace. can you wait outside while i talk to adam for a minute? we can catch up later," reverie asked with a smile and some puppy dog eyes.

      "fine, but don't take too long. we have to call mom later and tell her that we aren't dead," ace laughed before walking out the door. reverie then turned her full attention back to adam.

      "i'm really, really sorry about calling you annoying and not letting you care. i was being a dick for no reason and there is no excuse to what i said. i just wanted to let you know that i like you caring for me," adam said before turning around.

      "why didn't you let me care in the first place?" reverie asked, a little confused.

      "i didn't want to ruin things between us, but i guess i kinda did. and i really like you. i like everything about you. i like the way you smell and how good of a hockey player you are. i like the way you always cheer on your friends and how you make people laugh, i like every little detail about you, reverie. and i know you will never feel the sa-" adam ranted, getting interrupted by reverie yanking him closer by his shirt.

      she looked into his eyes for a moment before they both leaned in and smashed their lips together. reverie felt as though the whole world had stopped for them. his soft lips against hers felt euphoric. her hold his shirt tightened and their lips stayed connected. they eventually broke apart and rested their foreheads against one another's.

      "that was nice," adam whispered. reverie let out a little laugh in response, keeping her hand tangled in his shirt.

      "want to do it again?" reverie asked with a smile. adam nodded and they let their lips touch one more. it only lasted for a couple seconds before they heard the cheers of their friends behind them. reverie pulled away and rested her head against adam's chest, looking at the group who was watching them. she had the biggest smile on her face.

      reverie looked up to adam who looked just as happy as her. he turned his head down to reverie and they looked directly into each other's eyes. she then buried her head into adam's chest and his arms wrapped around her waist.

      they sat in each other's embrace, not wanting this moment to ever end.

author's note:

I FINALLY DID MY DBQ YALL SHOULD BE PROUD OF ME. anyways, bye <3