𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗

team usa was a mess. they were all huddled together, wondering where bombay was. he decided to ditch the team and be a no show. if he didn't show up, team usa would have to forfeit the game and go home.

      "hey, team! hey, team! we're gonna be great today, right? where's gordon?" mr. titties asked. 

      "you tell us," luis responded.

      "i don't believe this," the pile of ash responded in shock.

      one the refs skated over, checking the time on his watch and warned, "team usa. i'm sorry, but without a coach behind the bench, you'll forfeit the game."

      "you can't do that," adam exclaimed angrily. reverie placed a hand on his shoulder. he turned to look at her and she quickly took it off, giving him a sheepish smile. reverie then returned her attention back to the ref.

      "we have one. ms. mckay!" charlie yelled. he skated over to where she was sitting. they talked for a moment as the team watched her expressions, hoping she would help them out.

      "what are you waiting for, the ice to freeze? let's play!" she yelled out to the team then started to make her way. towards the bench.

      "don't worry ms. mckay. i'll help you out," reverie smiled. the team on the bench watched as their teammates were getting absolutely bodied by the germany players. it was grueling. they kept checking the usa team into the boards. 

      "we look tired. we need to, uh, trade places. you know, new players," ms. mckay said, shaking a little. you could tell from a mile away she had no idea what she was doing.

      "you need to yell 'change it up', super loud," reverie explained. 

      "change it up!" ms. mckay practically screamed. she wore a proud smile on her face after watching the players move on and off the ice. as they were about to have another face off, reverie heard a duck whistle coming from the stands. she turned around to see bombay making duck calls. reverie put her head down, really embarrassed to even be associated with the man at the moment.

      bombay called everyone in before beginning his speech, "team. guys. i was wrong and i'm sorry. i forgot about the team and the team is all i have. what i want is another chance. just one more shot. i'm back, okay. believe me."

      he sent the line up of the team back out onto the ice to do the face off. the team performed weird ass flying v and averman scored for usa. reverie cheers from the bench. the game went by fairly quick and they ended up winning the game.

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰*.:。✧*.。:。*.。✱ ───

      "i've had a lot of big distractions since i've been here in la," bombay began while holding up a cardboard cutout of himself, "this is a distraction."

      everyone laughed at how idiotic he looked on that stupid cutout. bombay proceeded to light a match and throw it in a barrel next to him. 

      "this is a fire in a barrel," bombay explained, then shoved his cut out into the barrel, "this is a distraction in a fire in a barrel. any questions?"

      the team clapped for coach. reverie was happy he was finally out of his 'selfish rich boy' phase and back into his 'hockey coach' self. 

      "alright guys. let's get going. we have work to do," bombay said while motioning for the team to follow him. reverie grabbed her crutches and started to sway along with the rest of the group. they made their way onto the ice to practice individually. reverie watched as luis was trying to learn how to stop properly. he was failing miserably, but she was proud of him for trying. 

      the rest of the team came back out onto the ice and had to do this really weird bear crawl across the ice. reverie was just laughing her ass off at how stupid they all looked. she was throwing insults after insults towards the group.

      "god, adam, you move like a snail. you are literally proof that evolution can go in reverse," the girl joked. she could tell that made banksie angry. she could practically see the steam coming out of his ears. he chose to continue in silence, not wanting to get in trouble. he decided he would deal with her later.

      the rest of their practice was just boring drills and learning more about the iceland team by studying their film. as reverie was about to wobble her way out of the locker room, she was the last one in there, she was cornered by adam. she sighed lightly and rolled her eyes before turning back to look at him.

      "i hate you. what the fuck was that on the ice. you made me look like a fucking idiot, reverie. god, that was so embarrassing," adam fumed. reverie looked at him in silence before bursting out with laughter. she hunched over laughing at the boy.

       "you should really see your face right now. you look like someone stole your favorite toy," reverie laughed. it only took a moment before adam got really angry. he lightly placed his hand around the girl's throat, being careful not to hurt her. her laughter died quickly and she looked up at him through her lashes. 

      adam brought her closer to him by her throat and whispered, "you should be more careful, reverie. you have no idea what i can do." reverie tried to respond, but her breath was caught in her throat. she quickly glanced at his lips, then looked away, hoping he didn't notice. he did.

      "oh, you're enjoying this aren't you, princess. i didn't take you for that type of girl," adam whispered while slowly moving closer to her. reverie's eyes fluttered shut. it almost seemed as though he were about to kiss her, but he moved slightly went to her ear. he let his breath fan her neck, which sent a shiver through reverie's body. he then whispered, "i'll see you later, love."

      he let go of reverie and made his way towards the door of the locker room, leaving poor reverie all flustered and confused. she had no idea why she felt that way towards a boy she should despise. as she thought about what had exactly just happened, her cheeks flushed red. she had to admit, adam had an effect on her. she wasn't sure if it was good or bad just yet.

author's note:

sorry this chapter was kinda weird to write because i wasn't sure where i wanted to put the time skips and stuff. anyways, bye <3