𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎

reverie hobbled her way into the locker room. she was still a little flustered from what had happened two days before with adam. she had to admit, though, that was probably the hottest thing she had ever experienced. she got butterflies even thinking about it. adam wasn't wrong when he said she liked it.

      as she walked into the locker room, she looked around at everyone, making sure they were there. as she finally got to adam's spot, she noticed he had a sling on his arm. mustering up any courage she had, she swung her way over to him with her stupid crutches that she had learned to hate.

      "i see you finally told bombay about your wrist. i'm happy you didn't keep on lying to everyone. you needed to take a rest anyways," reverie said, scaring him because he didn't know she was standing behind him.

      "i didn't mean to tell him. he kinda caught me trying to wrap it after practice yesterday. you know, the one you didn't come to," he said, suggesting she skipped practice to do whatever she wanted.

      reverie gave him an annoyed look and said, "i was getting my knee checked out at the doctors, dipshit. they wanted to make sure nothing happened to it in the past week. i didn't skip practice on purpose."

      adam rolled his eyes and then walked away from her and out onto the ice for practice. she wasn't sure why he was going out so early, but she honestly could not care enough to follow him, so instead she scanned the room for connie and julie.

      "hey reverie. how's your knee?" guy asked from behind her, scaring the fucking shit out of her. guy laughed at the startled expression she wore when she turned around.

      "jesus, guy. you scared me. it's doing good. the doctor said i just need to let it rest for a couple more days and i should be fine to start playing again," reverie explained to the blond boy in front of her.

      "well that's good. now, come on we've got practice to get to. let's move it, sweetheart," guy said. connie and julie had already left to get on the ice, to which reverie sighed. she really wanted to tell them about the whole locker room thing with adam the other day, but hasn't had the chance to. she would've told them when they were in the dorms, but she hadn't even processed what happened at that time.

      reverie sat in mostly silence for the whole practice. bombay didn't want her yelling at anyone today since they were doing drills that needed everyone's full attention. she was fine with not saying anything anyways. it takes too much energy to talk. (author's note: no like fr sometimes i won't talk all day because i'm just too tired to)

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰*.:。✧*.。:。*.。✱ ───

      team usa won their game against canada and now reverie was sat in the doctor's office, waiting for him to check on her knee again. she was hoping that he would say she is allowed to play for the russia game. as much as she was liking her time off, she really was in the mood to start playing again.