23. Cherrish

Friday 6.43pm

I still feel sick and I don't know if it's because of the pregnancy or just the anxiety from the anticipation of what is about to happen.

It's gonna be make or break... damn...

He goes straight to the dinner table and drops the pizza before getting stuff from the kitchen, talking to me from there.

"Hey beautiful! It's the weekend! You can finally get some rest. You worked so hard this week I barely saw you. Lie in tomorrow? If you're good I might attempt to make you breakfast..."

I can hear him talk but slowly I lose focus thinking about how I will bring this subject while he seems so chirpy. He has been so understanding and supportive seeing that I have a nine to five kinda job while his lifestyle is completely the opposite to mine.

"...Hello? Mina? Are you listening?" He asks now just in front of me, his hands sliding on my waist and pulling me close. I go in for a hug, nestling my head against his chest when I would usually devour his lips. "Is everything okay?" He's noticed.

"Mmh." I hum trying to gauge how emotional I feel right now. I guess him being here soothes me already.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah! Just tired." I say now looking up, desperate to convince him despite my puffy eyes. I can't tell him yet.

"Hungry?"

"Yeah." I'm not. I might be. I don't know. I have this stomach pain and this constant anxiety hindering my judgement about how I actually feel.

We sit at the table and I take a sip of my drink, staring at my slice of pizza.

"Come on Mina. What's going on?"

"Nothing... I'm... just... thinking about stuff."

"About what?" He stops eating facing me.

"About life, about the future."

"It's not like you to think like that. You're usually a 'live in the present' kind of person." I chuckle nervously.

"Yes... Yes I am. I was just wondering what you want in your future."

He stares at me with round eyes, suddenly looking awkward.

"I want you?" He asks cautiously, as if checking that his answer is correct.

"I'm not trying to trick you. I just want to know where we're going."

"Oh god! You wanna get married?!?!" He straightens up, suddenly looking unsettled.

"No! No! I'm not asking you to marry me!"

"Do you feel that our relationship is going nowhere and you want out?" Shit! I can tell he is panicking now.

"What?!? No!!"

"Listen babe, you're being too cryptic and it's scaring the shit out of me. Just tell me what's going on."

Holly fuck! I've made quite a mess of this. He looks so stressed out now. If I say it, he's gonna freak out even more for sure.

"Forget about it. It's just my brain overacting." He looks at me sideways, clearly unconvinced but not wanting to pressure me. We eat in silence and I hate it. "So, is there anything you want to do this weekend? Are you working?"

"Yeah, I want to record because I'm feeling okay right now but you can stay at mine and we can do whatever you want when I'm not busy." He raises an eyebrow seductively making me chuckle.

"You're such a perv'!"

"Ha! Says who? I was thinking about watching some anime! You're the perv'."