26. Talk

"Come on in, (y/n), Kanao." Shinobu spoke, waving her hands, gesturing them to come in.

The two knelt down, like Shinobu and waited for her to speak.

"The demon who killed my sister Kanae. How about I tell you both. How to kill it." Shinobu spoke. (Y/n)'s eyes widened, as she gripped her haori.

"If I encounter the upper-rank 2 demon who killed our older sister... me and Kanao will fight it. It isn't likely (y/n) will be there, but if you're, listen. The first condition is... that I... have to get eaten by the demon and die." Shinobu spoke, softly.

"Why? If we... we... we can win..." Kanao said, softly. Confused.

"WHAT!? Are you out of your mind?" (Y/n) shouted. Not liking that idea at all.

"You need to throw away such soft thinking right here and now. At the very least, the power of an upper rank demon is comparable to three Hashira. However, according to information from our sister, this demon..."

"This demon what!?" (Y/n) mumbled.

"... is a glutton with an abnormal obsession with eating women. He'll certainly eat a Hashira... with high physical abilities and an excellent body.. especially if it's a woman." Shinobu muttered, not being able to stand to look at both, Kanao and (y/n)'s faces.

"At present... I have a high concentration of wisteria flower poison.. circulating through my blood and internal organs, even down to the tips of my fingernails." Shinobu muttered, softly, hesitantly, watching their faces closely.

"Then I'll do it too—" (y/n) was cutoff by a nervous Kanao. "I'll do it too..."

"Imposible. For one thing, there is no time. It takes over a year to reach this state. You must continually take in the poison. Whats more, I am the first time attempt this. I have no idea what side effects will arise... or whether this will work on an upper rank demon or even Kibutsuji. At most, I can deliver 50 milligrams of poison in one blow with my sword. However, if the demon eats me as I am now, the dose of poison he will receive... will be the 37 kilograms throughout my body."

"However.. there is no guarantee.. that the poison will kill an upper rank demon. At least, Master Ubuyashiki believes it is impossible. So.. in order to increase the probability of my revenge.. he encouraged me to do cooperative research with demons. Supposing the poison actually does begin to work.. do not let your guards down. Beheading him is the only way to be sure. I will not fail to weaken the demon.. so one of you must cut off his head and finish him." She muttered, looking at (y/n)'s hurt and angered expression.

"Why can't I be there with you?! I'll kill him! I will finish him off for you! You don't have to be eaten!.." (Y/n) spoke, raising her voice.

"What if you happen to be in battle already? You need to save your strength to fight Kibutsuji, (y/n)." Shinobu muttered.

"So do you. We can do this, we can both kill him off without you having to be—" (Y/n) got cut off.

"No. I made my decision and it's final. You can't do anything to change my mind. I'm sorry.." Shinobu muttered softly.

"So, you're just gonna leave us? Like that. W-what about me, Kanao, Aoi-chan, or or even Archie huh? What about all of your friends?? You really are serious???" (Y/n) spoke, trying her best to change Shinobu's mind.

"Yes." Was all Shinobu mumbled.

"I can revive you.. you heard what onii-chan said! I can revive you, please Shinobu PLEASE!!! You don't have to go out like this! Please please please." (Y/n) insisted, tears falling down her eyes as she begs for Shinobu to stay.