xv. a pretty queen and feuding amazons

safe to say, the mood was pretty tense as the five of them made their way back to the boat. the walk was silent, the quest members too absorbed in their own thoughts to say anything. they all walked side by side, civilians not paying them any mind as they walked past.

arcana's thoughts were... interesting, to say the least. the knife was placed safely in her pocket, and, to be honest, it left her with a satisfied feeling, stealing something with strong magic energy from someone who climbed on her (very short) hate list in only a few hours. but she was left wondering why did he even had it in the first place?

her magic was a special thing, really. inherited from her godly mother trivia, it allowed her to do spells by saying certain combinations of latin words. ignis for a blazing fire, lux for a ball of light tucked safely in her hands. the range of the spells she could do was large, though to do them, it required magic energy, something she had trained ever since she found out about her magic (she remembered when her mortal mother, amelia impera, got her a witch hat to complete the look. gods, she missed her). with that magic energy, most of the spells in her arsenal she could use with no problem, while others.. were more complicated, to say the least.

she remembered meeting other children of trivia, her half siblings, who taught her a lot about magic. with that came more complicated spells, which required more magic energy, more than she had, which was when the knife came in. arcana could feel magic energy, like a pulling force that grabbed her attention and forced her to look at the source of said energy, and that's what happened with the knife. it possessed magic energy, and by using that and a siphoning spell (friendly reminder, do not use that spell on someone else, unless you wanted to send them to the infirmary and get an earful from vitellius), she could potentially pull off one of those more complicated spells.

and if she wanted to keep her friends safe, she might have to use it. that was her only priority right now, keeping them safe from harm. no matter the risks, no matter the cost.

they soon returned back to the boat, setting up a spot on the vessel for ella to sit on ("friends," she muttered. "'ten seasons. 1994 to 2004.' friends melt phineas and give ella jerky. ella will go with her friends." that matter was decided then and there, arcana supposed) and percy used his control and influence over the water to send the boat speeding down columbus river.

arcana's eyes drooped tiredly as she laid her head on gale's shoulder, gale not protesting as she did. they were close like that, comfortable with each other, kind of like an older sister and younger brother would. little things like that didn't bother them, after all they had been together in each other's darkest times (hah), gale and his thing with the bullies, the pain arcana felt when her mortal mom was injured so badly she needed prostheses, and the trauma of the war as a whole, they had been together through it all, so to say they were close was an understatement.