Chapter 6

I gently stepped out of the shower, my body exposed to the cold air that was running through the house the next days afternoon. The water made its way from the tips of my hair onto the cold skin on my back. Dripping and dancing on my body, only to fall on the glossy bathroom floor. My wet feet felt cozy against the towel that I stepped on, the small window only let in a small amount of light, lightly illuminating the bathroom. However the light bulbs that were on the walls filled the place with bright light.
I never liked them. They weren't natural. The feeling of warm sunlight hitting your cold wet body was like no other. But today, this will do.
I wrapped a white towel around my body, pining it in from the side to secure it and letting it bring its warmth onto my skin. I rubbed my feet on the warm floor mat and wrapped another towel around my head to warm my hair as I applied lotion to my soft, tan skin.
I smiled as I heard birds chirping outside the window, I could hear the trees dancing in the wind and the leaves singing a chime of peace. But what really brought a smile to my lips were those words. The words that were repeated in my head continuously. 'Because it's different.'
They weren't just an arrangement of letters, these words brought me peace, happiness, love.
I brushed on a light shade of blush on my already rosy cheeks and began to take off the towel around my body.
I hummed to myself as I took out the pin that was keeping the towel together, smiling, thinking of those loving words.
With that I heard the door knob turn and the large piece of hinged wood move forwards and behind it revealing a surprised Tom.
"SHIT!" I screamed and quickly covered my exposed body with the unwrapped towel as the pin fell to the floor.
"FUCK!" Tom quickly turned around, his hand still on the knob and the door slightly open. "IM SO SORRY I DIDN'T MEAN TO-"
I struggled to cover my body although I knew he wasn't looking my way anymore. "No its ok, the door it- it can't lock anyways." I explained sighing to myself.
"I was just, uh here to tell you that the boys decided to go on a drive towards the beach side."
"Yeah no problem I'll be there." I smiled even though I knew he couldn't see it. But I felt him smile through the door, I could picture his cheeks lighting up and his eyes glistening.
I heard a small huffed laugh from the other side of the door and my smile widened.
"What?" I questioned, laughing at his chuckle.
"Nothing." He said continuing to smile on the other side. "It's just that I'd try and cover that scar near your neck if I were you."
And with that he let out a small chuckle and closed the door.
I looked down at my upper chest to look at the mark. I smiled at the scar that Tom had given me while we were kids. (It's not a hickey y'all horny bitches🙄✋) I ran my fingers through the rough dent on my skin, smooth and dark.
I chuckled as these new words repeated in my head.
Oh dear, she's in love.
>
Wow ok Nancy drew finally caught up🍆
>
"Y/N! LOOK WHAT I MADE YOU!" I heard Tom's scream's getting louder as he got closer to me. I was sitting in the field once again, staring off at my favourite sunset as chickens clucked near by me, munching on their food, with their heads buried in the ground.
I looked behind me and saw Tom running up to me with a string of roses in his hands. He stopped besides me as I frowned at him with a small smile on my face. "What?" I asked glancing at the flower string in his hands.
"Look I made you a necklace." He said holding up the flower necklace he had made for me. My face lit up, and I stood up in excitement.
"NO WAY! This is amazing Tom!" I squealed as I adored the necklace. It had pink and white roses untidily crowded around the front of a brown elastic string. The flowers had slight stems hanging out of them.
"Yeah I know I'm amazing." He said in a sarcastic braggy manner. I rolled my eyes and lightly hit his head.
"HEY!" He wined as he rubbed the side of his head.
My eyes glanced to his hands and soon an expression of worry spread across my face. "Hey what happened to your hands?" I asked worriedly.
"Oh." He said looking down at one of his hands. "Their cuts from when I was taking out thorns from the flowers. (Ok y'all I don't fucking care if the buds of flowers don't have thorns I have my own biology but as long as he's getting hurt😃👍)
I took his hand and scanned it, cuts and wounds were littered around his whole hand with blood pouring our profusely from each one of them. But the biggest cut was one that ran along the back of his hand, it was deep and sore. I ran a finger through it leaving Tom giving out a slight gasp.
"Sorry." I said immediately removing my hand and looking up at him worried.
"It's ok, anyways let me put the necklace on you."
"But-"
"No but's." (My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard💥ok I don't know I just had too)
I raised an eyebrow at him but he only smiled back. I returned a small smile and turned around for him to put the necklace around my neck.
I felt his warm breath against my neck as he gently removed my hair. Tom placed the necklace on my skin and struggled to fasten it.
I waited for him to close the necklace but I felt a long sharp object stride across my upper chest. A stinging pain filled my body and I gasped in agony.
"What happened?" Tom asked worriedly, instantly removing the necklace from my neck.
I turned around, and Tom frowned. His eyes widened as he realised that one of the left out thorns must have hurt me.