Chapter 12

↳ Tom's PoV
15 hours. It had been 15 hours since I was standing on that poolside deck. My face looking down on her angry face, tears trickling down both our faces, full of resentment for what the other had done.

15 hours since I almost told her how I felt.

15 hours since I let her go.

I stayed up the whole night, empty beer bottles crowded on the floor, a few even floating on the pool. Many of them broken, small patches of brown liquid spreading out on the floor. The sky seemed to get darker at that moment when she left, the clouds began to come forth and the moon light seemed some what less.

I was aware that my breath smelled of pure alcohol and my face was lacing with sweat and tears. I could feel my wet hair on my damp skin and the air filled with a heavy smell of beer.

That night I regretted every single thing I had done, not telling her I loved her when we ran in the fields, not telling her I loved her when we were on the beach, not telling her I loved her in the pool, the shed, yesterday. I regretted it all.

And now I knew she didn't love me back. I knew she didn't care anymore. I knew she felt that we could have something but I blew it off, just like every single time.

I took too long, and now I had to pay for it.

I was currently on a drive since the morning. I spent the whole day driving our blue convertible in the roads of the countryside. I didn't feel like talking, to Harry, to Mom, to her.
I needed this time alone and so I spent it wasting out the fuel. My right elbow was resting on the side while my left hand was on the wheel, clutching it tightly. My jaw was clenched as I replayed the previous events and I could feel a lump of chains within my throat as I thought about what I had done.

The speed was at its highest and the wind blew strongly onto my face, taking in the fresh mist I kept going, ignoring the dancing trees and the rustling leaves. Just the sound of the heavy car moving and the wind.

The surroundings felt dry and meaningless, now that I knew I couldn't get her back.

It was night time, I had been driving all day. I finally brought my self to turn back to the house. The sunlight now dim and the moon waiting for its part.

I stopped the car in front of the house right behind Liam's jeep, oh how I'd love to destroy that green piece of crap.

I walked inside the house and turned right to where the living room was. I saw my three brothers along with the two love birds settling down pop corn on the table In front of the TV.

"OH HEY TOM! Come on we're watching a movie." Harry said as soon as he spotted me besides the door.
"I don't-" I began to say trying to avoid her at all costs but I was soon interrupted.

"HEAVEN'S SAKE! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!?" I heard my mom's voice coming from the kitchen that was on the side of the living area. She walked up to me, her eyes wide and full of worry.
"I just went for a drive." I said in a emotionless manner glancing at y/n who chose to avoid me, not casting me a single look.

"Well he's here now! Come on Paddy get the fourth batch out of the oven!" Sam said un-amusingly as he walked up to paddy in the kitchen.
"I don't want to watch anything." I said dully with a face of disgust as if to let all of them know that I wasn't in a good mood.

"Come on bro, it's back to the future." Liam said trying to convince me to join them. Dick.
"Drop it Li, he obviously wouldn't want to watch anything that doesn't have him in it, after all that's how self obsessed creeps work." Y/n said giving me glance, and with that just one look, I could see the hatred and pain she had for me.