Chapter 16

"Lady, we have arrived," Irene looked at Elle with her tired eyes and just nodded in a thank you, she has been traveling for 2 weeks now, rested in Inns, and even had to set out camps from time to time. The worst part was sometimes she had to socialize with her family.

Roxy had been very cheery, Elle was always Elle, and Mal looked like she has no intentions of killing Irene. Also, she remembered that Ralph could realize the level or presence of Mal, he probably already knows that Mal, she a pretty strong girl, and could be dangerous.

Irene then turned her head to Ralph who is side-eyeing Mal here and there, and Mal who pretends to not notice. Irene just sighed and went out of the carriage thinking about how to solve this situation soon, she can't leave it alone since it involves Ralph, he is going to cause some ruckus sooner or later. And Irene will probably need Mal in the future.

Irene stepped out of the carriage, was greeted by an unfamiliar knight, Irene looked at her uniform, and it seemed like she worked for the Count.

Irene being a bit curious and asked her name.

"Wow, a female knight, Miss Knight, what is your name?" the female knight flinched, and looked Irene straight in the eye, "My name is Taylor Brewer, M'lady," she said while bowing. Irene then thought of something that would end Ralph's career.

I wonder if I could get her as my personal guard instead, Irene had a sinister look on her face, Taylor who witnessed it and decided to not question it.

"Oh my dear friend finally visited me~" an unknown annoyingly sweet voice was heard, Irene looked towards the person in front of the Grand Duke who was just a few meters away from her.

The Grand Duke had an unpleasing look on his face, "The only reason why I visited you since you couldn't stop sending your whining letters begging me to visit you," he said, the Count just smiled brightly. The Count then went towards the boys and started to squish Lucas's cheeks, Irene just standing in disbelief.

"Aw look how cute you are," the Count said and turned to Trevor and started to pat his head saying, "You grew so much the last time I saw you," Trevor shook the handoff, "Yeah, I know, that's how growing works."

"Aw, so rude, you having seen your uncle in a long time and this is how you treat him," Count said while having his hand on his heart, being all dramatic, then turned to Robert, "Still the best kid ever," Count said, Robert, nodded in agreement.

Irene, who begged that the Count doesn't come her way, and of course, he came. "Ohhh! Irene! Oh my, isn't your first time at uncle's house," he said all excited as he bends down to be at my eye level, silence was taken over.

"...Ah yes," Irene said quietly, the Count's eyes gleamed, he then swiftly lift Irene, "Oh my you as cute as my daughter maybe even prettier," Irene who was being lifted for the first time, was just beyond shocked at this time.

Yeah, this is my first time coming here, and also my last time coming here, Irene thought while looking at the Count, this sweet man is going to be in a terrible accident when she is 13. Irene has been pondering about this, she could try to stop it, but why would she do that?

"Um, Count Fredrick could you let me down," Irene asked awkwardly, "Aw, you are so cutely matured," the Count said while patting Irene's head, cutely matured?

"Uh yes thank you," Irene smiled as best as she could, hoping this trip could end sooner or later. After the Count left making some small compliments and pinching cheeks, Irene went to Mal.

"Well, welcome to my home," the Count said softly.

"Is there a library somewhere around here?" Irene asked one of the maids on duty, as Irene looked around the guest room she was staying in, it was fancy, alright. It was basic, but sadly the interior design was dark blue, it wasn't exactly her taste, but also it wasn't exactly her home either.