Chapter 50

Once Irene woke up, her morning routine started. Freshen up, get dressed, then have breakfast.

However...

Irene pondered about the whereabouts of Ralph. He usually disappeared for a couple of days or at least a week.

But he has been gone for more than two weeks, Irene began to worry for him a bit.

Is he doing something for Grand Duke again?

Everyone in the mansion knows Ralph Carter still works with the Grand Duke, unlike the old butler, Jared.

He hasn't been fired.

Ralph was quite handsome and being the son of a noble family made him famous with the females.

Irene asked Elle, she knows everything.

"Where's Ralph?"

"Do you want some cake?"

"No, where is the blockhead?"

"Hm, Young Lady's hair seems dry lately, we should get better hair products."

"What! No! Where's my personal knight?"

"I am going to get cold water for you, you seem to be a bit hot," Elle smiled and quickly rushed out of the room.

Irene stood there helplessly blinking while looking at the door to her room.

Irene noticed something was odd with her staff.

"Where is-"

Suddenly the three maids cleared from the hallway.

Irene felt a vein popping out. She gritted her teeth, and her eyes sharpened.

"Elle," Irene smiled cooly.

"Yes?"

The ice-cold wind blew in the living room.

"Isn't it a bit chilly in here?" Alice said awkwardly.

Irene then said, "Hm really?"

Her eyes were still on Elle, she seems to be sweating a bit, and her hand are behind her back.

They are hiding something from me.

Alice drank her tea awkwardly as the two discussed.

"Elle, I request a staff meeting."

"Why? There isn't anything..." then Elle quickly covered her mouth.

"Denying my request?" Irene now is sure they were hiding Ralph's whereabouts.

But why?

"Yes, I shall tell them," Elle said quietly then leaving.

This is really weird...I feel uneasy.

Alice gulped, however, her cup was empty for a long time.

"Irene is scary sometimes..." she said as the door closed after Irene left the room.

Elle had gathered the staff in the main hall, they never had all gathered here at once.

Never.

Irene had chills, all eyes were on her.

Eyes of worries and fear, thinking about Irene cutting staff members.

However, Irene would never do that.

"I had Elle gathered you here today, just to ask one simple question."

Irene's eyes looked down on them slowly, Irene was recalling all their names when they were hiring them.