Chapter 20

"I am guessing I have to go and greet them?" Irene asked holding in a sigh, "Yes, his excellency and the young masters are ongoing to go greet the Countess and the young lady as we speak," Mal responded.

"Alright then, lead the way," Irene languidly said and she gestured towards Mal.

When Irene arrived there, she was greeted with a happy atmosphere, it felt warm until she stood beside her family, what a chilling aura coming out from them, she thought as she shivered.

"Oh my! I can't believe my husband invited another family while I was gone," the Countess said laughing as she soon saw the Grand Duke. A little girl beside the Countess looked at her mom then looked at the strangers, and quickly went to her father, and hid behind him.

"Oh, dear, it's fine, they are father's friends," the Count said warmly to his daughter as he patted her. Then the girl peeked out and observed the people in front of her, Irene was peeking glances at the child, the child seemed too adorable for Irene.

The Grand Duke and the boys greeted the Countess, when Irene greeted the Countess, she smiled and complimented her, "Oh, she quite a good child, intelligent I must say."

Irene thanked her, then they had some type of adult conversation as the workers brought their bags inside, Irene drifted her attention to the child and they locked eyes.

The little girl seemed to be shining, Irene tried her absolute best not to squint, is she wearing a halo?

The girl had chocolate brown hair that barely passed her shoulder, and big, round emerald eyes, with her chubby cheeks, Irene has an urge to squish it, without a doubt this is Alice, the female lead.

After looking at Irene for some time, Irene was confused, and her instincts told her to wave, so she did. Then the little girl's eyes seemed to had sparkled, tugged on her father's shirt as he talked with his wife, and whispered something to his ears as he bends down.

The expression on the Count's face was weird and then looked at Irene, "Haha, Irene," the Count suddenly called out, Irene then looked at the Count with a confused expression, "Alice thinks your pretty, she said to her you look like a fairy, a snow fairy."

Alice suddenly turned red and turned around, "Daddy, why did you tell her that?!" she huffed, even her voice is angelic and cute. Irene was shaken to the core, "T-thank you?" Irene replied hesitantly.

"How about you guys go and play together as we talk," the Count said pushing his daughter forward, Alice who seemed not to like how her father pushed her forward, "She is a bit shy," the Count reassured.

Irene then reached her hand out to Alice and asked, "Do you want to come with me?" Alice looked at her hand for a moment and smiled brightly, "Okay!" she responded as she took her hand.

"Shall I accompany you," Lucas asked politely, it was unlike him, also his cheeky smile was a big red flag, so without hesitating Irene gave him an honest response.

"No thank you," Irene rejected brightly as she and Alice walked away.

Irene and Alice both left the front gate as the adults talk, they reached the garden, and Irene called Elle to set up tea and desserts. Before it was set up, the two girls had decided to greet each other formally.

"Um, my name is Alice Beverly, nice to meet you," Alice said shyly as she curtsied, Irene found this situation surprisingly adorable.

"Nice to meet you, Alice, my name is Irene Gracia, pleased to meet you," Irene greeted back as she curtsied.

They sat down on the chairs with the table filled with desserts and their tea under the gazebo in the garden. Yes, a normal tea party with only 2 people, how fun.