Chapter 49

Irene woke up in the morning with Alice gone from her bed, Irene shrugged it off.

Irene had her normal routine and then went downstairs and was greeted by Alice.

"Oh, Alice?" Irene spoke with shock in her eyes when she saw Alice in front of her.

Irene looked at the girl and realized she was hiding something behind her.

"What are you doing?"

Irene asked the girl a bit concerned.

Has she broken something already?

Irene wondered as she waited for Alice's reply.

"I want to give you something..." Alice said quietly.

Irene's eyes widened as she saw Alice getting shy. The white-haired laughed, "What is it?" she said kindly.

Suddenly, a flower crown appeared in front of Irene.

Irene quickly grabbed onto Alice's hands.

"Why did you touch the roses?" Irene asked.

Alice got frightened thinking Irene had gotten mad at her.

"I didn't know I wasn't supposed to pick them," Alice said frantically.

"No, not that. I have them picked every season," Irene quickly replied.

Irene sighed, "Roses are thorny, I was worried if you hurt yourself here," Irene said.

"Oh! The gardener saw me about to pick them, but stopped and offered help," Alice explained.

"Oh thank god," Irene said in relief.

Alice handed Irene the flower crown, "Thank you," Irene said as she admired the crown.

"Would you like me to help you put the crown on your head," Alice asked with a sweet smile.

Irene didn't want to wear it while eating, but she couldn't disappoint Alice, so Irene's smiled.

If you look closer, her smile was twitching a bit.

"Sure!" Irene replied.

Alice was beamed and put it on Irene's head.

Irene was slightly taller than Alice due to the physical exercise she went through training.

Which also means...Irene was both mentally and physically stronger than Alice.

Alice pulled up another flower crown and put it on her own head, smiling happily.

Irene also realized from yesterday that Alice could be manipulated quite easily which was very worrisome.

She's naïve.

Irene thought as Alice started to talk to her as they walked to the dining room for breakfast.

Servants glanced at the two with matching flower crowns, but a bit different.

Alice wore a white rose flower crown.

Irene wore a red rose flower crown.

The workers in the mansion admired the two, they were said to be the prettiest ladies in the society.

Alice Beverly was well-known not because of the recent death of her father also being a well-respected Count's daughter.

It was her cute and natural beauty.

It was described as a warming and kind face, with soft eyes.

People called her the sun.

Irene Garcia was very popular in gossip and society because of her family and appearance.