Family Night

It has been a week since Monica came and left. It's been a week since I adopted the kids. Yesterday I had court, the kids and Kevin came with me. The judge just wanted to go through things with me, like making sure, I had a home under my name, Which I did, Making sure I had financial money coming in, Which I do, I work at one fancy restaurant, A mechanic shop, and at a dance hotel. I also get a few extra bucks from the scholarships I have for college. I also have food stamps, which is a plus. After discussing those things, the judge finally announced that the kids are finally mine, Which everyone cheered about. We didn't get to celebrate last night, but we are going to celebrate it today. Everyone had a few things to do, but we made a promise to all be home by seven pm to have a family night.  

Kevin went to work, but not before giving me an hour of snuggles and kisses. Lip then went with Ian to go visit Nana Gallagher in jail. Debbie went to hang out with her friend Simon. Carl went to hang out with his friend little Hank and Jake. Ethel, Jona, Liam, and I were at the house cleaning up. 

I noticed that Ethel is wearing her religious clothes. "Hey, Ethel, Why are you wearing that outfit?" I asked her as I wipe the coffee table down.

She looks at me as she says "Oh, well, the two outfits you gave me are dirty so, I only have this." as I sit on the couch 

"I have a question and you don't have to answer. Did you ever wanted to be in the religious group?" I asked 

She sits next to me "I never wanted to be in it. I wanted to grow up like a normal kid. I wanted to have a family as you do. I hate wearing this outfit, I hate how I grew up to fast. I want to wear pretty outfits, jewelry, nice shoes, I also want a family in general, not a cult. The only good thing that came out of it was Jona. " She rants to me 

I grab her hands as I say "Ethel, Kevin sees you as his daughter, and so do I. The kids see you as a sibling. You always help them through things, you help around the house, and make us laugh, your smile makes everyone smile. I see Jona as a little guy, like how I see Carl and Liam. You don't have to fake what you're not. Be you, don't wear this stupid outfit. Take your time on growing up, We will take care of you, I'll help you with Jona. Please just be you." 

I see that she's crying with a smile on her face, She instantly hugs me, I hug her back as she says "Thank you so much, Fiona, thank you for everything. I see you and Kevin as my parents. I really do." I smile at her as we let go 

"I have an idea, we put Liam and Jona in their car seat, then get in the car, and go shopping. It's time to get you and Jona new clothes, We can also get ingredients to make tacos tonight. We can also get a small cake, and a few games, we can also go to Mcdonalds for lunch. How does that sound?" I asked her with a small smile 

Ethel nods eagerly with a huge smile on her face as she asks "I would like that very much. But can you afford it?"

"I got it, babes, It will be fine. This day is for us, a mother-daughter date, with our two little men." I said with a smile, 

That is what we did. We went shopping for clothes, food, and games. We also went out to eat. It was a great experience, I got to hang out with Ethel and the babies. We laughed, We joked, We just had a great time. Once we got home, Ethel and I put the boys in the play-pen, we then took the bags inside. Ethel was putting her new clothes and Jona's clothes away in the bedroom. While Ethel was doing her thing, I was making dinner. 

When I finished making everything, Everyone came in at the same time. (Lip, Ian, Carl, Debbie, Kevin, Veronica, and Steve.) After announcing that I made dinner, everyone made themselves a plate, as long as Ethel when she came down. 

The rest of the night was filled with jokes, laughter, music, and love.