2 - "Dream"

In the POV of Y/n

I did a double-take on the DM and began investigating the account. It was verified, had over a million followers, and was also a faceless streamer. Our names were opposites and our overall "vibes" were too.

"Chat, how do we feel about having a guest come on the Let's Play?" Chat spammed excitedly, most of it wanting a new person on the world. I went back to the dm and sent the IP along with my discord and got back to stream. My discord notification went off and I accepted the friend request. They immediately called and I joined to here a welcoming voice.

"Hello Nightmare! I'm Dream, which is funny because we're like opposites," Dream says. Chat goes wild and spams quickly. The viewer count raises from my average few thousand to 30,000.

"Hi Dream! That's true, we are like opposites. Quick question, why did my viewer count jump over 20,000 and how much did you pay spotify for them to put that song on my playlist?" I joked, earning a laugh from him.

"$3,000 and I do not regret it," he said back, making chat spam even faster. Soon enough, Dream was in my Let's Play world looking around, often complimenting my builds. 

"You know, you're really great at building. I feel like I'm walking around a professionally built map," he said caringly. Chat spammed awww's and hearts, even comparing something called 'Dreamnotfound' to this conversation.

"Thank you. Why don't you build your own house? I can help you build it if you'd like?" We found an area opposite of my house and he picked out opposing colors. Soon, we were building his house, making it appear extremely opposite of mine. While we both had a medieval, gothic-revival house, the different colors gave such different vibes. He then built the interior exact to mine with his own colors, even breaking into my house to check where everything went.

"I hate to say it but my house looks better," he said teasingly.

"That's only because I helped build it," I teased back. Even though we had just met, our personalities were very compatible and they worked well together. My first friendship since I got ditched and it was already better one day in than that friendship was at all.

We continued stream for a bit longer until I realized I still needed to drive home. It was getting somewhat dark out, the sun just peaking out the skyline.

"Well chat, I think we're going to end it here. Thanks to all of the new people watching for coming and I'll stream sometime soon, maybe tomorrow! Have a great night," I said before clicking the end live button. The stream was over and now it was just Dream and I in a discord call.

"Thanks for letting me come! It was very fun and I'll definitely just randomly pop into the Let's Play world now. Also, I have an SMP you should join. There's lots of creators on there and I think it would be even better with you on there," he spoke gently.

"Send me the IP and I'll do that next stream! And thanks for the exposure! It means a lot especially since I had no idea who you were before you DMed me," I said back.

"Of course! Have a safe drive home and text me when you get there. Have to make sure the new member can make it," he said stiffling a laugh. Soon in Discord, he sent me his number and an invite to his 'Merch' server and 'DSMP' server.

"Wow, this really reminds me of flirting," I said jokingly. He started to laugh too but it was different than before. He was wheezing and soon I was too. The call ended and I went to my car, taking a picture of my outfit from earlier and posting it on instagram.

 The call ended and I went to my car, taking a picture of my outfit from earlier and posting it on instagram

He liked the post AND commented. My old friends couldn't do neither. I set my phone down and turned off notifications. I turned on my spotify mix and drove home, relaxing to the beat of the music. I parked in the parking garage and went up to my apartment before texting dream, making sure I had the right number.

Dream/Clay

This is Y/n. I'm home lol

So your name is Y/n? Anyways, this is Clay
and I'm glad to hear that. What coast are
you on?

West Coast. Seattle specifically. You?

East. Orlando, Florida. Do you like Disney?

I've been to the one in California if that
counts?

You need to go to the Florida one. It's better.

I'd rather go to Bush Gardens. Rollercoasters
are more fun tbh.

Rollercoasters suck. But have fun with your
trash opinion.

This is slander.

The rest of the night consisted of many notifications and many people noticing me. It was a dream coming true, which is ironic because the guy that made it happen goes by the name 'Dream' online. I began to make myself dinner when I checked my notifications, finding a twitter thread that could be the reason for all of the notifications.

 I began to make myself dinner when I checked my notifications, finding a twitter thread that could be the reason for all of the notifications

Ship? We've just met and there are already ships? I look at the hashtag to see it on the bottom of the trending page, which is still insane. My twitch following has tripled and my youtube has doubled. My other socials are also getting a lot more attention, and it was all from some guy DMing me about a fucking song we both happened to listen to. The world works in a very strange way...

I finish my food and post on twitter 'WTF is #NightWasTaken I just want to eat.' The tweet begins to go off and other verified accounts are now commenting under my page, including a guy by the name of GeorgeNotFound.

' The tweet begins to go off and other verified accounts are now commenting under my page, including a guy by the name of GeorgeNotFound

And I got ratioed. This sucks. I eat my food and get ready for bed. The next day was going to be hectic, I just knew it. I looked into the members of the DSMP and tried to figure out what happened so far in the 'lore' and where I would want to fit in. It was going to be interesting, seeing how everything could work out in the end. Soon, I was tucked away in my bed, waiting for my dreams to reach me.

Haha, 'Dream's.

A/N: Hopefully, this chapter wasn't a let down :) Should I keep doing the images for threads or should I just write them out? Let me know! Also, Dream actually listened to that song on December 27. I went beast mode to find that out. Anyways, enjoy the story!! :D