7 - Crouch

Dream's POV, Continued

"Nightmare, this is Drista, my younger sister who really wants to meet you," I say. I couldn't just say no, especially after I forgot to mute my mic. Drista pulls up a chair, spacing the mic between us evenly so we can both talk. I switch my headset to headphone and give us both one earbud, making sure I'm able to hear the conversation.

"Hi Drista! How are you? It's great to meet you," Nightmare says excitedly.

"No, it's great to meet you. Dream said something about the date to me so I did tons of research in the past few hours. You've become one of my favorite people in less than a day," Tessa says, getting excited. I look over to her, my eyebrow perking up. She's being genuine. They continue to talk to eachother and I begin to become silent. Not because of anything bad but out of pure joy. My sister liked her genuinely and Nightmare liked her back the same way. They were getting along.

"Earth to Clay, this is your date. You should at least engage in conversation," Tessa says, punching me in the arm.

"Sorry, I zoned out," I say, realizing that I wasn't paying attention. 

"How did you manage that?" Tessa says, punching my arm playfully.

"Because it's nice to see some of your favorite people getting along very well," I say without thinking. But it was true. Nightmare and I had gotten extremely close in little time and while I wasn't ready to show her my face, I did have lots of trust in her. Seeing them get along made me happy, no doubt.

"You've become sappy all of a sudden. I'm going to bed, it's 2:30 in the morning." Tessa walks out and closes the door behind her, leaving me, Nightmare, and chat all together.

"I think I'm going to need your sister's number after this,"Nightmare joked. I pulled up my phone and sent her the number before getting back to normal conversation. Time was crazy and so was everything going on. I never thought I'd meet someone over the internet and get this close with them so quickly. It took years for Sapnap, Bad, George, and I to all get to where we are now. However, with her everything moved quickly. It was relieving but terrifying at the same time.

What if we drift suddenly?

I block out the intruding thoughts and focus on the game in front. We began the date hours ago and the whole thing has been lots of fun. I check the donations and it's filled with advice. Although, one catches my eye.

Sapnap~$10.00⊹Crouch at her already

I check chat, since that was a recent donation, and see that they're still talking about it. I keep scrolling when one from earlier catches me too.

EvieWasFound~$14.52⊹Relax! Remember that everyone in chat is here for you :)
                                                   #OppositesDuoDate is trending by the way!

I smile, happy for chat's reassurance. I look at twitter quickly and the dono is right, it is trending #1. I bring myself back to the game, getting Nightmare prepared for the fireworks and countdown that is set up. There's 15 minutes left and we're making more conversation. Everything is still running smoothly and I could only hope it would finish that way. However, Sapnap's donation made me nervous. Sure, it was a block game but I can barely make a move as is. If the timing was right, I'd do it. It's just a joke anyways. Right?

The 5 minute countdown begins, neon letters engraved in the tree bark next to us. It was a touch Niki thought would be cool so we coded it in. And she was right, the countdown looked very nice there instead of floating in the middle of the sky.

"You know, after the countdown, you should get some rest. It's super early for you and I know that once I get home from my office, I'll be resting too. You need it." I smile and thank her. Nightmare is able to say things like so easily which made me a bit relieved but, I wish I could to. I wish I could tell her exactly what I think without accidentally saying things and rambling on. The countdown was at the final moment and that's when I decide to listen to Sapnap.

"10, 9, 8, 7, 6," we shout together. "5, 4, 3, 2, 1," we both crouch and that's when I see why. George did lots of the coding with me but he also wanted free space. And I think I know what for. Heart particles light up around us as we shout Happy New Year's, making me glad I could hit a single key without freaking out. It sounds silly but, she makes me nervous. And Sapnap's judgement also makes me nervous.

"That's so cool, what?!" She says, reacting to the heart particles and fireworks.

"I had no idea. George coded that on his own," I say, shocked.

GeorgeNotFound~$35.40⊹No idea how 30 euros converts but you're welcome on that ;)

Chat went insane as Nightmare and I watched the Minecraft sky. That shaders and textures and mods made everything look so different but, different is cool. The fireworks continued going off when we both decided to end stream, we both said goodbye to our chats and thanked for donations we didn't see. I forgot to hit end stream button though.

"Go get some rest, you need it. Thanks for inviting me, I had lots of fun," She confided.

"Of course. And I meant what I said, you have become one of my favorite people."

"And you've become one of mine too."

I leave call and notice that the stream was still going and quickly end it without saying anything else. They heard what we said to eachother and that was my mistake but people would go crazy with that. I can just imagine the clips and compilations this stream will bring. I go to my room, passing the living room where Drista is asleep, and collapse into my bed. Everything went smooth and I can't wait for what the future holds.

A/N: I'm back! Had a lot going on including my birthday but I'm going to be writing as much as I can now. Hopefully, you're enjoying the story so far :))