The party

Hours later the compound is filled with people

although I'm in my father's room

He's angry with me

"You were trying to kill me too" I give "What was I suppose to do? Let you?"

he growls "Take the clothes you took from my dresser and go to hell"

I sigh "It doesn't have to be that way. Marcel and I will find this Hollow, kill it, and I'll let you go. If you got out before hand you would no doubt get Hope killed."

his eyes flash at me "Go back to your party"

with a shrug I walk out to meet Marcel right outside

"I told you" he says

"Come on" I say "We have a speech to commence"

the two of us walk out to the top of the stairway Elijah hands us both champagne as we get there

"My dear friends, tonight we celebrate an alliance between our family and Marcel Gerard" Elijah says

Vincent walks in the room

"As you can see Marcel is here. So let us all raise a glass and salute the glorious city of New Orleans"

I walk forwards with a smirk "Before we do I would like to inform you that we only intend to stay for a brief and peaceful stay. Hope this evening can help us get over our past grievances and maybe form new friendships. Cheers"

we all raise our glasses and Marcel and I clink together

Marcel and I start walking around together thinking it was better together then apart

"Nice speech" Vincent says "It was a nice speech, but I don't think anybody bought it"

"Probably" Marcel snorts "That's not why we're here though"

"You should go back to making friends. We need to find out which one of these....people....is working for the Hollow" I but in

"Yeah, and while I'm doing that, are either of you gonna do anything to help the cause"

Marcel lifts an eyebrow "We're playing host"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marcel is still down playing host while Vincent and I are in the study

"Now, the cards are symbolic. They're gonna help find us a common clue"

"Remind me of tarot cards" I grumble "What does that mean" as he pulls out a hanged magician with a sword

"Look at the details" Vincent tells "What's teh common thread that links all of these cards together"

"Well, the Hanged Man hovers above the snake in the grass, Death has a snake on his shoulder, and the Magician hold aloft a serpent" I blink "Someone's gonna have a fucking snake here....really....a snake in the compound, barbarians"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You seem confident" Elijah's voice rings out

"Vincent has it under control, and besides if it doesn't work I'll just kill everyone here. Him. Dude by the stairs"

"Samael" he sighs "Remember the deal we made"

"You want first crack at them, do it" I tell "Oh, well, if it isn't Marcel's new lady friend, Sofya Voronava. I don't remember inviting you but I suppose Marcel wanted you here"

she smiles "What did you do to him to make him throw this party"

"Nothing" I whistle "We just found some common ground and besides Marcel and I don't have each other"

"He didn't come home last night either"

"Maybe he's avoiding you, you seem like the clingy type. Showing up at party's uninvited and all"

the dude by the stairs walks over "Our esteemed host is a teenager" he laughs "Vincent tells me you requested a private audience"

"Private, yes" Elijah says "Yet you brought these two fascinating Neanderthals"

"Well, given the Mikaelson reputation, one can never be too careful"

Vincent walks up

"Not unless you have something to worry about. Which you do, because you're the high priest of the Hollow"

"You seem to have made up your mind about me. Not really fair. After all, you're the one who allowed the Hollow into this world. See, your Ancestors were the only thing holding it back. And when you severed that link, you allowed it to go free. And it has been feeding and growing in power ever since. See, I wonder if it will want to show you its appreciation. Perhaps by letting you see your dead wife." the dude says

"That'll be all. Both of you! Leave us. Sit down. Let's start again" Elijah instructs

fine, fucking uncles

I turn back to Marcel's new girl "So what do you like about Marcel? The fact that he has so many daddy issues? His overbearing confidence?"

"All of the above. What did you do to him?"

my eyes graze to the thing on her arm "Don't tell me you want me to be afraid of that"

"You should be. Other than Marcel, it's the only thing on the planet that can kill you"

"You sure? I mean I'm a new thing. Will it kill me, kill me, or just awaken my vampire side?"

"The thorns of a rose grown from Marcel's blood and the magic of an ancient spirit that hates you family as much as I do-"

I bust out laughing "Marcel's blood doesn't harm me, I should kill you for even suggesting it"

"Try it" she spits "Even if you do manage, the Hollow's followers will make sure you're family is dead by the end of the night. Leaving you alone"

"So you've sided with the Hollow" I say "How much of that rosebush is there"

"enough to kill you and your whole family ten times over. So...do you want to tell me what you did to Marcel, or should my friends and I end the Mikaelsons once and for all"

Nothing crazy lady nothing

a smirk forms on my face "I wonder how the Hollow will feel when it finds out you're making deals with the enemy"

"You're right" she says "I should probably just kill you"

my shoulders shrug "Kill me, and you'll never find out what I did to Marcel"

"I'm good at finding what I want"

"I don't doubt that being a missionary and all" I sigh "But even if you do find out the exact spell I used, it'll take you far beyond your human life span to break it, and that is assuming you don't die by my family's hand first. Of course, if you were willing to strike a deal..."

"Fine. Reverse it and I'll let you live"

"We already discussed that, that thing won't kill me" I tell her like a child "But if we did it that way your witch allies might kill you. I would hate to see you become their next sacrifice being as Marcel is so found of you. Of course...there is another way"