Shopping

Annabeths POV

A few months had passed since the whole fiasco with Gabe. He was put on trial for child abuse and attempted murder. We ended up winning the case and gabe was put on a life sentence maximum security.

I'm not going to say I wasn't scared, the truth is, I thought I was going to die that night. I was ready, and somehow I was okay with that. I guess I thought it was better me than him. Of course Percy still feels a little guilty after all this time, he feels like he should've done something. But, in reality, there was nothing to do but wait for Gabe to pull the trigger.

Helen moved away, and my dad and her got a divorce. It's been nice, just me and him in the house. It was so embarrassing when Percy and I formally told our parents we were together. My dad grilled Percy with questions and he looked absolutely terrified. But it's kind of strange now because they seem to get along really well. I'm not complaining though.

We went back to school the week after the incident, the teachers understood what was happening and let us keep our schedules so our classes were all together. Sometimes, at night, I get random calls from Percy. As soon as I pick up he sounds relieved. He says it's because he has nightmares about Gabe hurting me, and had to make sure I was okay.

Even though the situation is traumatic, I still think it's sweet.

"Hey, Annabeth?" Percy says as we walked towards our lockers.

"Yeah?"

"Well...I was wondering if you wanted to go to the dance with me this Friday," He asked nervously.

"Of course I will! Jeez it's about time Seaweed Brain," I laughed.

He smiled and we walked off to the cafeteria. It was nice to have a big group of friends that supported us. Everyone was there at the trial to support Percy and even me, that was probably the moment I knew these people would be in my lives for a long time.

"Hey guys," I said sitting down at our table.

"Hey Annabeth! I was waiting for you to get here to ask all of the girls if you wanted to go dress shopping after school, you know, for the dance?" Piper asked.

"Sure, that would be...fun," I tried to say enthusiastically.

Shopping with Piper was a big thing. Usually we were gone for hours, and I'm not picky, so I don't take very long. Then when I've finished I have to walk around following the rest of the girls, mainly Piper. But it was still fun to hang out with them.

The rest of the girls nodded in agreement.

"Yay! Okay, you boys should probably go somewhere to get your suits as well," She said.

All the boys groaned in unison.

"Oh hush, you have to go sooner or later," Hazel said.

"Fine, fine, we'll go," Jason said.

"Okay great! But we can't see each other in our outfits. So that means one of you two have to come with us girls," Piper waved a finger between Will and Nico.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. Solangelo became official last month. I knew there was something there, I ship! Gods I sound like Piper. At least I'm not saying otp or whatever that means.

"Okay, I'll go with you guys," Will smiled.

"Yeah, there's no way I'm going into that dress store with all those bright colours," Nico replied.

The lunch bell finally rang and we all headed to finish up our last classes of the day before we went to the dress store.

*time skiiiip*