Soul

"Isn't it kinda weird that this thing just sort of floats above of us sometimes for no apparent reason? I mean, like.. It's a giant floating heart that sparkles. Pretty weird if you ask me." Chara mused thoughtfully, their head on Frisk's lap as they stared up at the soul they shared as it glowed a soft pink.

"Chara are you sure your head is alright? You sound kind of tired." Frisk lifted a concerned eyebrow as they looked at Chara, who had a tilt in their grin and appeared to be half spaced out and half focused on the heart.

"Yeah, yeah, but seriously.. It's so weird.. I wanna touch it.." Chara replied groggily, nodding their head slowly in confirmation of what they said, as if they weren't even sure of the answer themselves.

"Is it even possible to touch it?" Frisk asked curiously, looking over at Chara who was now leaning up and flailing their arms in the air until finally their hands landed on the floating soul and they gripped it tight. What Frisk didn't expect, however, was the almost electric surge the touch sent through their body, making them blush furiously, "Oh... I guess.. I guess so."

"Whoa... It's so squishy..." Chara gasped slowly, squeezing and playing with the soul, whimpering softly as they did so, "It feels so nice... What is it doing, like? What? Are you feeling this..? It's so cool.."

"I'm.. I'm feeling it alright." Frisk said, stiffening their body and tightly gripping the armrest of the sofa, screaming internally. It was pleasing, but not necessarily in the sexual sense that was usually associated with the feeling they were experiencing. The entire location of the feeling changed to deep within their chest, and it was beyond strange to have this happening.

"It's.. It's starting to get kind of sticky... Gahhh, there's red stuff all over my hands, what the heck is it?" Chara exclaimed, but continued to play around with it anyway, feeling all over the heart to figure out what the substance coming off it was, all while trying to hide in the whimpers and moans inside of themselves. "It's wet, Frisk. Why is it wet? Do you wanna touch it?"

"Chara why." Frisk sucked in their breath, reaching up and pulling the soul away from Chara's touchy-feely hands. It was, in fact, sopping wet and goopy, and it felt incredibly strange to hold, like playing with wet putty. "No more touching the soul."

"Awh..." Chara frowned, leaning their head back down on Frisk's lap and taking in a deep yawn, rolling over and burying their face in their stomach, wrapping their arms around them tightly. It wasn't before long that Chara had fallen asleep again. Frisk wasn't sure how long Chara was sleeping for, but an hour before they woke up, Darcy entered the room with a folder tucked under his arm.

Darcy tossed the folder down on the coffee table and took a puff from his pipe, sighing deeply before he spoke, "We couldn't find the child in time. The kid vanished in the night time streets like thin air, and we just got report of some nasty business. I dunno who this kid is, but something is seriously wrong with them."

"Nasty business..? What happened?" Frisk asked, and Darcy simply gestured to the folder. Leaning over and picking up the folder, opening it up to see a crime scene report. They began to scan over it, and pick up all the small details on the paper. "Who were they?"

"Just a regular family, nothing special at all. Judging by everything we've seen, you think this was just a random act of insanity? I mean look at it, they trashed the place and just took off." Darcy suggested, gesturing his pipe to the pictures of the scene. He was right, the entire apartment was torn apart, but Frisk had a sneaking suspicion about it.

"No, it wasn't random.. They were looking for something, but I'm not sure what.. Yet, anyway." Frisk replied thoughtfully, but that was a lie. They knew exactly what they were looking for, and they had it right in their room. The tiny pink blanket with the initials C.L, and Frisk had quite the hunch about it. "Do me a favor?"

"That's kind of my job, buddy. What do you need?" Darcy asked, tipping his hat with his spare hand and taking a puff from the pipe. Frisk was willing to bet money that somewhere in his vest was a pack of flaming hot cheetos that he would be eating later, and that it wasn't tobacco he was smoking.

"Get my Chara's birth certificate and all city records you can on this family, please and thank you. I think I know the motivation behind this, and it was definitely the kid from the ballroom. No doubt about it." Frisk sighed, leaning back against the cushions of the couch, allowing their thoughts to overflow.

"I can do that, yeah. Actually, I might as well go do that now.." Darcy nodded slowly, turning on heel and walking out of the room, still diligently smoking his pipe, leaving a trail behind him as he left.

If what Frisk suspected was true, then the family that was killed was Chara's birth family, the same family that the other Chara had in their timeline, which would explain why they decided to murder them. It would explain trashing the house, searching for the pink blanket that once belonged to them, something they had associated with being safe. Now all they had to do to confirm it was check Chara's birth certificate and line it up with the family records. If they were right, than Frisk knew exactly how to catch this other Chara.