4

Felix was thinking about what Hyunjin said the whole time she was driving her home, after telling her parents a course, then when she went to her friends party afterwards.

She couldn't help but feel like an asshole when she thought about the way Hyunjin phrase it.

"Because you hate me. Whatever I did to make you hate me, I'm sorry."

Felix really didn't have a valid reason to hate the girl. She liked to tell herself it was because she was flashy and stuck up but even she knew that was lying.

She was hoping by the time she arrived at school, that Hyunjin would have forget about the whole ordeal in the first place.

Felix thought wrong when she noticed Hyunjin trailing around the hallway with her hand clinging onto her friends sweater. Her head down as she just let herself be lead.

The cheerleader looked sad.

That was odd because Hyunjin was almost always happy. She was a cheerleader for crying out loud. It was almost her job to make others happy.

Felix walked over to the pair who stood at the boys locker. She didn't care to know her friends's name.

"Hey Hyunjin." Felix calls out making the girl flinch and hide behind her friend.

"Look, Hyunjin isn't feeling verbal right now so I would hold off whatever insult you have to say till tomorrow or never." Jisung rolls his eyes.

"I'm not going to insult her." Felix's face scrunched up in confusion.

"I don't believe you. Now fuck off." Jisung closes his locker and slowly walks off so Hyunjin wouldn't lose her place on his sweater.

Felix sighs and slams her fist against the locker before going in the opposite direction.

Not noticing how Hyunjin looked back over her shoulder to see Felix again.

————

"Hyunjin isn't feeling well enough to practice. She wanted me to tell you guys that she'll be back tomorrow." Jisung explains to the rest of the cheerleading team.

"It's okay! She's a fast learner so whatever we go over today, she'll be able to pick up no problem, tomorrow! Hope she feels better!" The captain smiles making Jisung nod and walk over to his Mom's car where Hyunjin waited in the back seat with his Mom driving.

"Thanks for waiting, Mom." Jisung got in the back with Hyunjin who instantly grabbed his sleeve.

"It's alright." She nods before starting the car and taking off.

It was hard to explain to most people why Hyunjin was acting like the way she was.

To Jisung, it was normal.

Hyunjin would just come to her in the morning and grab whatever Jisung was wearing so that he got the message. It helped Hyunjin soothe her anxiety as she felt comfort with her friend leading the way for her.

Then her being nonverbal was just another thing he knew how to take care of.

When Hyunjin got to deep in thought and became anxious to the point she didn't want to leave her best friend's side, she would shut down with talking and not be able to udder a single word. It was like a lump in her throat would swell up and nothing would be able to come out.