He's A Monster

mentions of sexual assault in this chapter. they are brief, but they still aren't pretty.

"I don't see a problem here," Peter spoke slowly, turning to face his daughter. "This Lev has said that you two have been seeing each other for years now. I don't see why you aren't elated about this." Her father's dry tone said he knew exactly what he was doing. He was getting rid of his daughter and causing her the pain she'd caused him for years for the rest of her life.

"We were seeing each other. Then he tried to rape one of my best friends! She only got away because she was lucky she had a knife!" Ravyn shouted back. If a month ago her father had arranged for her to marry Lev on her upcoming eighteenth birthday, she would have been elated. But then he hurt her and threatened her. Then he hurt Alice and tried to do more. And now Lev was carrying out his threats.

"I highly doubt that's true, and even so, I can't see how it'd be a problem. Don't think the matron at your dormitory hasn't kept me updated on the boys streaming in and out of your room. I'm sure you wouldn't mind sex, even if you didn't want it originally."

If Ravyn could kill her dad and get away with it, she would. She knew he sucked as a dad and that he didn't care for her, but to not care for her to that degree? To deprive her of basic autonomy and human decency? This was a new level of monstrousness.

"You're a monster," she breathed out, staring at her father and still aghast. He chuckled.

"That shouldn't be news to you, Ravyn. Now, I suggest you find a dress. Your birthday is only a few months away. You can go now." Peter turned in his chair, picking up the phone to make a call to someone about something that was more important than the well-being of his (admittedly estranged) daughter. She spun on her heel and stalked out, leaving the door wide open behind her. She wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of a slammed door.

////

"I'm going to murder him, I swear," she muttered. The fifteen-minute walk back to campus hadn't cooled her down at all, but how could it? Her father had said that he didn't mind if her future husband raped her. Her father had said that she shouldn't mind either.

"And who is it you plan on murdering this time?" a Russian voice asked. Lev fell into step beside Ravyn, and she could hear the smirk in his voice.

"Multiple people, but I think I'll start with you," she hissed, stopping and turning to Lev.

"Good luck with that, lyubimyy." His dark chuckle only angered Ravyn more, and it took all of her self-control not to hit him. She couldn't do that again. Not yet. She was a skilled fighter, she could even almost beat Cal, who was one of the best, but Lev was bigger than Cal. And Ravyn's anger would only inhibit her skills.

"I don't see why you're upset, Ravyn. Your dreams are finally coming true," Lev taunted. She wanted to hurt him. Oh, how she wanted to hurt him.

"This is my nightmare, Zima, not my dream."

"Calling me by my last name? You must be excited for it to be yours soon." If only she had a knife. She could see the bulge of the bandage under Lev's tight shirt, and she'd love to finish what Alice started.

"Careful, Ravyn, with whatever you're planning in that pretty head of yours. It won't end well for you or for your loved ones." Lev stepped back, chuckling as he walked away.

Yeah. Ravyn was going to murder him. And not via Cal. She would be taking his life with her own hands.