Got a Secret, Can You Keep It?

"Cal? There's something I need to get off my chest," Ksenia breathed out, snuggling closer to her boyfriend as they laid in his bed, a movie on his tv. He furrowed his brows and paused the show.
"What's going on, babe?" Cal didn't care too much, but he wasn't going to let Ksenia figure that out the night before Ravyn's wedding. No, he wasn't done with his fake girlfriend just yet.
Ksenia sighed, eyes closed.
"It's about Lev," she whispered softly. "I've known since we were little that he wasn't a good person, and our parents didn't help that at all."
So this was promising. Cal stayed quiet, giving her shoulder a gentle squeeze as she wiped tears from her eyes. If the tough Ksenia was crying already, then this was bad. Which meant it was very good for Cal and his evil plans.
"Mama was never kind to him, and Papa was never around. They worked for the Russian mob, and when the Coalition killed them, they then took us in. That was when Lev started hurting people. It was only physical at first. Just hitting and hurting and threatening. But it got worse last year." Ksenia choked on the words that were about to come out, like she didn't want to say them.
"Ksen, it's okay, you can trust me," Cal assured. This was a blatant lie, but Cal was an assassin; he lied better than most spies.
"Do you remember Seren Vale? She was my first friend when we got here. And Lev always liked her. They dated for a few months. I never liked how he treated her, but it's Lev, what could I do to help her? Then-then something in him snapped. I guess she didn't want to sleep with him or something, and so he, uh, he forced himself on her. This was a year ago. They kept dating for a bit, and Lev kept hurting her. She told me, tried to get me to help her, but I was so scared of Lev. I still am."
Cal stayed quiet, processing everything Ksenia said. Lev had hurt someone before like he tried to hurt Alice. And it sounded like this wasn't the end of it.
"This went on until September. Then-then Seren broke up with him and threatened to tell his teachers that he'd raped her. She disappeared the next week. They found what they thought was her body right before Christmas. Lev killed her, Cal. He raped and killed my best friend, and he almost did it to Alice, too. And he still might. Now he's going to try and hurt Ravyn, and, and I don't know what to do," Ksenia finished.
Cal wanted to kill him. And Ksenia. But that wouldn't do just yet. Taking a deep, calming breath, and channeling his best lying skills, he hugged his girlfriend closer.
"It's okay, Ksenia. I'll make sure he can't hurt you. You'll always have me." She looked up to him, and he wiped the tears from her eyes.
"I think I love you, Excalibur." Her face was worried, nervous that he wouldn't feel the same way. And he didn't, but Ksenia wouldn't need to know that just yet. Instead, he slowly smiled.
"Good, because I think I love you, too."
Cal kissed Ksenia, ignoring his love for Torin that he channeled towards his girlfriend. He had to make this last, even if only for a few more days. Then? Then he could destroy her and Lev