Part 4

"Worth," a disoriented voice speaks, and soon, one of Stark's Iron Legions walk into view. It was disheveled and broken, I had no idea how it was even walking having known the amount of damage it was in. Thing was completely wrecked but somehow, walking and talking. "No, how could you be worthy ? You're all killers." it says, moving it's arm to gesture to us.

"Stark." Steve mutters worriedly.

"JARVIS." Tony calls instead, assuming his AI could have something to do with this.

My father pushes me gently behind him protectively.

L: If things go south, you run

I furrow my brows.

R: You know I'm not doing that

Before my father could counter, the robot speaks again, looking around at their barely-together figure. "I'm sorry, I was asleep. Or... I was a-dream ?" it looks around, as if it was in a confused state. This things making no sense, and also, who's talking ?

"Reboot, Legionnaire OS, we got a buggy suit." Tony says softly, tapping a device in his hand.

"There was a terrible noise... and I was tangled in... in... strings. I had to kill the other guy. He was a good guy."

My eyebrows shoot up. "You killed someone ?" My father glares at me over his shoulder, clearly not wanting me to say anything as a way to not draw attention to myself.

"Wouldn't have been my first call. But, down in the real world we're faced with ugly choices." It moves around slightly, almost as if it was uncomfortable.

"Who sent you ?" Thor suddenly asks from beside me, clutching Mjolnir tightly in his hand.

Suddenly the robot plays a recording of Tony's voice, as a response. "I see a suit of armor around the world."

I tilt my head, remembering parts of a conversation between Banner and Stark yesterday in the lab; Tony spoke of something he could create in order to protect Earth from any and all threats that came from beyond it's borders (as in threats from other worlds and space).

"Ultron." Bruce says in realization.

The robot's head peaks up at the name. "In the flesh. Or, no, not yet. Not this... chrysalis. But I'm ready. I'm on a mission." This thing had a motive ? Wishing it was something good would be giving myself false hope.

"What mission ?" Nat questions, and I can feel everyone tense up. My father wraps a hand around my arm, and I knew his plan if shit hits the fan...and something told me it was about to.

The robot, Ultron, looks away for a moment, almost as if he were thinking. Then he looks back at us, body tilted to the side. "Peace in our time."

Suddenly, two more robots burst through the walls behind Ultron, and, before i could even react, I'm suddenly upstairs, in my bedroom. "What are you doing !" I yell at my father, who changes into his battle attire.

"Raven you are tired," he said as he made his way to my door, "You're not going down there."

I stare at him, fury taking over my body. "Those are my friends down there !"

"Whom are grown adults that currently possess twice the amount of energy that you do !" I flinch slightly at his intimidating tone. He sighs while standing in my doorway. "Raven, please. Just wait here." And then he holds out his hands, placing a shield around my room; to not only protect me, but to lock me in.

"No !" I yell in protest as he begins to walk away and I bang on the green forcefield that kept me in. I wanted to yell an endless amount of profanities at him, but I save my breath as I look around my room. He made a noise proof shield, so that I couldn't hear what was going on, and this just pissed me off even more. There was no way in Hel I was just going to sit around in my bedroom while my friends and father fought robots in our living room; I refuse. Inspecting my room, I notice three of my walls were covered in my father's green forcefield – but the floor-to-ceiling window side wasn't. Moving towards it, I poke it, and my finger just makes contact with glass; forcefield free. He must've thought I wasn't crazy – and possibly stupid – to jump out the window; well, time to prove him shamefully wrong.