Part 11

God's look at hershe's so small and innocent. It's quite unbelievable that the spawn of me could look so pure and fragile. She hasn't spotted me yet, but I made no intention to move – not yet at least; I just wanted to stand here for a moment, and admire her youthful smile and squeaky laugh. Her skin was paler than snow, and her hair long and raven-black; the spitting image of well, me. Raven...

She layed, sprawled out on the hardwood floor, constantly switching between different colour pencils as she drew on a page. I smile when I notice the tip of her tongue stuck out, resting in the corner of her mouth, and her dark brows creased in concentration. The rest of the Avengers stood around, some admiring her...and others glared at me. Clearly their thoughts about me and feelings towards me hasn't changed...but that wasn't going to stop me. I brushed their scowls off as I approach her slowly, but then Thor put up a hand, halting me.

He holds up a finger, before bending down in front of my daughter. "Little Raven ?"

Her legs stopped swinging mid-air as she looked up at him. "Yes Uncle Thor ?" her voice...my heart swelled further at every little thing she does and every little thing I continue to learn about her. I want to murder Odin for condemning me to the dungeons for so long, knowing I longed to see the person I valued most in the universe.

"Remember when I used to tell you stories about your father ?" My stomach drops. What is he doing ? The only moral and righteous thing I've ever done is holding back on murdering Odin – but then she smiles brightly and nods vigorously. "Tell me, what was your favourite ?"

I tilt my head, and prayed my brother didn't fill my daughter's head with lies, in an attempt to make me sound like a good person. She taps the green colour pencil on her chin in thought. "Oh, when father stood up to Odin ! Yes, when he told him off for using him," that's...not exactly how I remember it. "I don't like Odin, no offense Uncle Thor." she adds, and I have to refrain from chuckling aloud.

Thor chuckles. "None taken little one, now – how did it go again ?"

I cross my arms and tilt my head, now very intrigued. "Father had found out that Odin only took him from Jotunheim because he thought he'd come in handy in future disputes between Asgard and them," Thor nods as she continues. "Father was furious, and rightfully so," her speech and vocabulary was impressive at such a young age. "He stood up to Odin, and gave him a peace of his mind."

"And why's that one your favourite Rave ?" The Redhead asked, Natasha.

"Well, all the Norse Mythology books I've read all portray father as some kind of coward. I never believed them of course," she furrows her brows a bit, and I find myself doing the same as I listened. "I'm not sure why, but I've just always known those books lied – because I am absolutely positive my father did not birth a large serpent. "