53

"Tave." A voice mumbles the next morning.

I groan as i roll over, instead of rolling onto a mattress, i feel myself land on the hard ground.
I quickly sit up and open my eyes, looking around at my surroundings.

JJ was sitting next to me, The sun shone down on his face as the heat caused beads of sweat to form on my forehead.

"I slept surprisingly well considering we were on the ground." I say as i stretch my arms out.

"Well technically I slept on the ground, You got the comfort of my chest." He says as he stands up.

"Where are you going?" I frown as he starts walking back towards the road.
"School." He says as he turns back around.

"Shit." I mutter as i start following after him,  "I'll drop you off, we're closer to my house then yours." I say as i catch up to him.

"Don't you have to do your whole getting ready thing?" He asks as he looks over at me.

I look down at his overgrown sweatshirt practically hanging down to my knees and shrug, "No, I'm ready."

We walk down the street towards my house as the clouds start lifting from the sky, revealing the bright blue sky.

Eventually we reach my house and i pull open the front door, reaching my hand in the small bowl i feel around for my keys, not feeling like actually going in and facing my brother.

"Octavia." A voice mumbles as i grasp onto my keys, "Topper." I sigh as i poke my head through the door.

He looks down at my outfit and sighs, "I'm not even gonna ask." He says as he grabs his bag.

He walks past me without another word and heads towards my car.
"Top." I call out as i follow him, he walks past jj and climbs into the front seat as he looks down at his phone.

JJ gives me a confused look and i shrug as i walk towards the drivers side.
I climb into the car and watch as the backseat door swings open, jj hops into the back seat and leans forwards till his face is next to mine.

"What's he doing?" JJ whispers as he turns his head towards Topper.
"I'm right next to you man." My brother sighs, not looking up from his phone.

"I felt like catching a ride with my little sis." He shrugs, "Can you hurry up, we're gonna be late."

"We gotta drop jj off first, and since when do you care about being late, half the time you show up to school when there's only 2 hours left and said it was a 'dire emergency.' I scoff as i pull out of the driveway.

He ignores me as he looks out the window, i roll my eyes as i focus my eyes back on the road.
"Do you want me to pick you up after, i get out half an hour before you?" I ask as i nod my head subtly towards jj.

"Sure mom." He says and i jab my elbow into his chest as he bursts out laughing.

A few minutes later, I pull into the school parking lot. JJ opens the door and hops out, "Thanks for the ride." He says with a smile as he leans his arm on my open window.

"Do half these people even live here?" I frown as i look around at the sea of student gathered in the front lawn.

"Yeah, that's why they're here." JJ scoffs, I hear a voice calling his name and i turn my head to see Kiara and Pope walking over to him.

"And....that's my cue to leave, later eagle." I say with a smile as i reach my hand out and ruffle his hair.
"You know, i think i made a lot of the guys jealous here." He says with a small smirk.

"And whys that?" I ask as i lean closer to him, "You know, just because i'm hanging out with the hottest girl in obx." He shrugs, "Shut up." My brother mumbles as he continues looking down at his phone.

"Go." I say as i shoo him with my hand, "Fine." He groans before slinging a small bag over his shoulder and walking off towards the building with Kiara and Pope both trailing him.

I watch as he walks off and slowly open my glove compartment, grabbing a small bag, I bring it up towards me before grabbing onto a new roll.

I was about to open the bag to pour the soft white powder onto the dashboard, but a hand slaps the bag out of my hand before i get a chance. "What the fuck??" I shout as i look over at my brother.

"I'm not letting you do fucking drugs again." Topper says as he looks at me.

"I'm always high, since when do you care about that shit?!" I ask as i push my hair back over my shoulders.

"I've always cared about this O." He shouts, He takes a deep breath a few seconds later.
"Aren't you tired of of only being happy when you're high?" He asks quietly.

"No. Not really." I mutter as i turn my head to look away from him.

"You're always chasing that feeling but once it's gone, you're back in the same place you started." He sighs and i look at him, "But it's not just the coke that's making me feel shit, JJ makes me feel things. Even when i'm sober, i feel something with him."

"He's another addiction, he makes you feel bad in the moment, but overall you know that he's bad for you." He says, it was quiet for a few seconds before i spit out a laugh, "That's the dumbest shit i've ever heard."

"I'm serious O." He sighs and my face softens as i let out a breath, "I'm sorry, i'm trying." I whisper.

"I know you are." He says with a smile, "Can we get off these school grounds? It smells like fucking diarrhea ." He scoffs.

"Shut up." I roll my eyes as i start my engine, "Hooky today?" I ask as a small smirk tugs at my lips.

"Deal. Only if you buy a new shirt."