three

"No!" you exclaimed, pointing at Xiao. "I refuse to be beaten by the likes of you!"

"Likewise," the boy said before inserting more coins into the air hockey machine.

You'd already played against him fifty times and he kept winning and pulling out more money. Yelling in frustration, you hit the puck towards Xiao's side, just for him to calmly hit it back and score. The buzzer went off, signaling your defeat.

"Not again!" you complained.

Xiao simply put the air hockey mallet down and cracked his knuckles. "Would you like to play again?" he asked.

"I think I've had enough now," you said. "I only lost fifty-one times." You giggled a bit before hearing your stomach rumble. "Ah, guess it's time to eat."

"Where would you like to go eat?" Xiao asked.

"No, no! I'm fine!" you insisted. "I can just eat at home since my parents should be back."

"I'll walk you home then," he said.

"You really don't have to."

"No, it's fine. I believe we live close to each other anyway."

"Eh?"

(ɔ˘ ³( ᵔ ᴗ ᵔ c)

"When you said you lived close, I didn't think you meant you lived right across the street from me," you said, shocked that you had never noticed him come out of the house before.

"Not exactly," Xiao explained. "It's my father and stepmother's house. I'm living here now since my mother passed away recently."

"Oh, I'm sorry, Xiao," you said bashfully.

"Thank you..." He looked up at the sunset, the wind blowing some of his hair into his face. He turned to you and spoke. "I'll see you tomorrow, (y/n)." He gave you a small smile before entering his house.

"S-see you," you quietly replied.

Xiao just smiled at me. OH MY GOSH. XIAO JUST- I HAVE TO TELL VENTI.

[̲̅$̲̅( ≖ ⍨ ≖ )̲̅$̲̅]