eight

! when you accidentally delete your chapter-opening pic off your computer ! also idk if ive mentioned this but they go to private school and have uniforms cuz idk how to write for public school (ive never gone to public school, only private) !

Walking into the school kitchen for Cooking Club was one of the best parts of your day. Not only was the food absolutely delicious and the smell was heavenly, but you got to see some of your not-so-close friends.

"Ah, (y/n), hey!" Thoma, who was known throughout the school for his job as the richest kid's housekeeper, greeted you, looking up from his phone and waving.

"Oh, (y/n)!" Xiangling gasped as she heard Thoma mention your name. She rushed over to you and stuck a spoon of orange-red liquid into your mouth. "Taste good?"

You forced the spicy, but delicious, liquid down your throat and smiled, although your mouth was on fire. "Tastes great!" you croaked.

Thoma came to your rescue with a glass of strawberry milk. He always kept a carton or two in the fridge because it seemed to be the only thing to cool people's mouths from Xiangling's spicy food.

"Thanks, Thoma," you said.

"No problem!" he said, going back to the fridge. He started pulling out ingredients and set them on the counter. "Could you chop this up for me, (y/n)?" he asked, holding an onion out to you.

You nodded and proceeded to take part in your after-school club activities. You were one of the three members of the Cooking Club but, honestly, you didn't really know how to cook when you first joined or had much interest in it. The only reason you had joined was because it was required to join a club and each club had to have at least three members, and such was the case of the Cooking Club. Thoma and Xiangling's aesthetically pleasing trifold had caught your eye at the beginning of your freshmen year when you went to the Club Fair. There had been quite a few more members then but they were all seniors except your two fellow clubmates.

Thus, you were a member of the cooking club.

Now on that particular day, a certain boy seemed to be looking for you and found you in a place he would never imagine, aka the kitchen.

"AHH!" he heard you shout. He finished taking a swig from his soda, that he had bought from one of the vending machines, and booked it towards the kitchen, worried you might be hurt. Throwing open the doors to the kitchen, he saw quite a sight. Xiangling was throwing chili peppers into the (not intended to be spicy) soup you and Thoma, who had run to the bathroom, were making. "Xiangling!" you complained.

"Um?" Xiao interrupted. You and Xiangling all turned to see the dark green-haired boy.

"Oh, hey, Xiao," you said casually. "What's up?" Behind you, Xiangling was pouring an entire bottle of siracha into your pot of soup.

"N-nothing much," Xiao answered. "I did not know you were part of the cooking club, though, (y/n)."

"I am," you said pridefully. You, who didn't realize what Xiangling did, turned towards the stove, stirred your soup a bit then took another spoon, dipped it in, and took a sip. Immediately, you started coughing because of the amount of spice.

Xiao's eyes widened and he ran towards you, opened his half-drunken soda, and handed you the bottle. "Drink," he commanded, clearly worried for you.

You did as you were told and drained the whole thing before your mouth was somewhat fine again. "Thanks, Xiao," you said. And then you realized what happened.

AN INDIRECT KISS WITH XIAO?!?!?!

"As long as you're okay," Xiao smiled.

Damn, he's gotta stop doing that.

Xiangling giggled in the background, causing the two of you to face her. Oh, yea, she had her phone out and was recording you.

...LOADING...
...NEXT CHAPTER...