five

You skipped to school the next day, eyes sparkling and mouth an unending smile. You were so happy that you had even forgotten to walk to school with your best friend who was standing at the door to your house, wondering where you were. Poor Venti.

Xiao, the hot amber-eyed boy who lived across the street, was also nowhere to be seen. You had observed that he left his house at 7:30 a.m. sharp every morning, except this morning when he did not leave at all. Not that your brain processed if something was wrong, though. You were still on cloud nine.

Thoughts of Xiao filled your teenage mind as your skirt swayed with the wind. Your (f/c) backpack made jingle noises whenever you hopped because of the anime keychains, some were made of metal, hanging from the zippers. Airpods, connected to your phone, played your favorite songs right into your ears.

Orange and yellow leaves fell from the trees and flew in the air like playful children, showing signs of fall. The wind smelled like apple pie, from the old lady who lived down the street from you that loved to bake, and you could almost taste its apple-cinnamony goodness. Your hair blew to your left with the wind and you closed your eyes and stood there, unaware of your surroundings.

Life felt perfect.

That is until you heard the honking of a truck.

Confused, you opened your eyes and turned towards the noise. A moving truck was coming at you, full speed, with no intent on stopping.

Move! you told your brain told your feet. No use, they were stuck like glue.

Quick, heavy footsteps came bounding toward you, the owner grabbing you and bringing you to the other side of the street just in time for the truck to run the red light in the intersection.

You didn't look up at your savior, or anything at all. You sat yourself down on the floor, hugged your knees, and cried. A warm, comforting hand patted your back and the owner pulled you into an embrace and hushed you.

"It's okay, (y/n)," a gentle voice whispered into your ear. The owner was sounded male and his hot breath made your ear tingle.

Wait, how does he know my name?

Opening your eyes, you looked at the back of your savior. You could see his messy, dark green hair that smelled like cinnamon, maybe because of the baking fanatic old lady.

He slowly pulled away from you and his amber eyes stared into your (e/c) ones. A blush quickly rose to your face as he stared. You admired him, a diamond-shaped birthmark on his forehead and thin lips under his small nose. More female than male features if you asked a scientist.

Then at sank in who it was.

Quickly, you scooted back, confusing the poor boy who had just saved your life, your face bright red.

"Are you alright, (y/n)?" Xiao questioned.

"I-I-I'm fine!" you exclaimed. You stood up and composed yourself. Looking at the boy and smiling, you spoke, "Thanks, Xiao. I owe you my life." He looked at you with disbelief. "No, seriously! I probably would've died from that if you weren't around!"

He nodded and walked to stand right in front of you. "You don't owe me anything but that date." Then, he turned around and started walking to school.

Smooth, you thought, but out loud you exclaimed, "Ah! Xiao, wait for me!"

You both ended up being late.

And Venti ended up skipping school to drink at Diluc and Kaeya's house, thinking you were sick.

..LOADING..
..NEXT CHAPTER..