30

SAMUEL O'CONNELL

"no! i'm not answering that." she says as she takes a shot of apple cider vinegar. "eugh!"

we're playing a game where you just ask questions. so it's not really a game but you get the point and if you don't wanna answer a question you take a shot of apple cider vinegar.

"what makes you jealous?" she asks me as she places her chin in her palms and stares at me.

"that's a... hard question. a lot of shit makes me jealous." i answer truthfully.

"that's not an answer, stupid." she rolls her eyes.

"i guess when a girl i like talks to other guys." i say.

she scoffs. "that's the dumbest fucking answer ive ever heard."

"hey! don't judge me, i answered the question." she laughs and throws a pillow at me. god, her laugh is so contagious, and her smile...

"have you ever gone skinny dipping?" i ask suddenly genuinely wanting to know.

"perv." she comments. "and no, i haven't and i don't plan on it."

"why not?"

"it's pointless and what if a shark comes and bites a nipple off." she adds earning a confused look. "you know what, make it make sense."

we ordered pizza an hour ago and then tucked nate in bed and have been playing this game since.

"lucky shark." i mutter under my breath smirking.

"sorry?" she asks.

i laugh at myself and shake my head. "nothing. nothing at all."

"are excited for your game tomorrow?" she asks me.

i light up at the thought of football. "yeah, it'll be hectic."

she smiles and pats my back. "alright, buddy, imma head to bed."

buddy? who the fuck is she calling buddy?! am i a buddy to her?

"hey cecilia." i say and she turns around. "do you uhh, do you wanna maybe..."

"yes samuel?"

"do you maybe wanna sleep in my bedroom today?" i ask nervously.

"samuel..." she starts off, "i can't."

"why not? i'm not asking to marry you." i defend. "please?"

she bites her lip. she's nervous too.

"it'll be a burden. i'm fine with the couch until i find my own place." she explains herself.

"please." i say quietly.

she smiles and looks down. "okay."

i grin excitedly like a little boy.

after we're ready to sleep we just stand there at the end of the bed.

"so..." i drag off. "ladies first."

she laughs lightly and rolls her eyes. "such a gentleman."

she sits down on the left side and slowly places the sheets over herself. "don't make this weird, samuel."

"i'm- uh- i'm not." i stutter and walk to the other side and put the sheets over me. for some reason i'm breathing hard, fuck i'm so hormonal it's embarrassing. i try to control my desperate state and am relieved when i notice that her breathing is just as heavy and desperate as mine.

we stare at each other for what feels like seconds until i quickly lean in and kiss her, surprisingly she kisses back mirroring my eagerness.

we study each others lips and i grab her hips and place her on my lap. she wraps her legs around my torso and fists my hair in her hands. my arms roam around her back until they're landed on her ass.

we aggressively make out for the next hour until we pull apart and she sits in her side like nothing happened.

damn.

"good luck for tomorrow." she breathes out quickly and turns her lamp off and goes bed.

***

it's game day baby!

it's 8am right now and i'm ready to go although i'm a bit late. cecilia is still in bed and i don't want to wake her and tell her i'm leaving. she should know i've left anyway.

anyway, people are supposed to arrive at 4pm. i'll see her at 4 i guess, if i'm not busy.

i leave my house and go school. it feels so weird entering the school on a saturday for some reason. i don't know, all i know is that it's too damn early but i'm too damn excited to sleep again.

i place my duffel on the bleachers where the rest of the bags are from the team. i wave at coach so he knows i'm here.

"o'connell!" he calls, "you're late."

i place my gear on and run to coach where we immediately start stretching.

i jerk my chin to nathan and jaden and they do the same. "hey." they both greet.

"where were you?" jaden asks.

"i slept in." i answer annoyed, "it's normal."

they both chuckle. "what's up your ass this morning?"

"your mom." i say and then we all start chuckling like immature teenage boys... well, that's what we are.

"boys!" coach yells after whistling to us, "there is no time for laughing!"