Chapter 8

"What... what's happening!?" Poppy asked in a panic, completely freaking out, as she looked at her hands in shock.

"The curse..." Branch muttered softly, looking away from her. "We're already starting to fade..."

Hearing his words, she looked up at him in shock, her eyes wide.

"I'm sorry... starting to what!?" she asked firmly, not believing her ears. Did he really just say, what she thought he just said.

Branch looked up at her and gulped, realizing he had just said that out loud.

"Uh... I... I mean..." he stuttered trying to think of a way out of this. "Look!" he suddenly shouted, pointing behind Poppy. "A baby Cuddle Pup playing with a Flopper Hopper!"

Poppy crossed her arms, glaring at Branch angrily, as she gave him the 'don't you dare lie to me' look.

Branch gulped, his eyes widening in fear. He knew that look all too well..

"Um... I love you?" he said, smiling innocently.
"Branch!" Poppy yelled, causing him to flinch slightly.

"Fine..." he sighed, lowering his head in defeat. "If we don't find the stone of dreams by tonight... not only will we be sleeping forever, but... we'll also... cease to exist."
"What!?" Poppy yelled in disbelief.

Branch looked away, ashamed of himself.

"I read it in the book..." he muttered softly.
"And you didn't tell me!?" she yelled angrily, shaking him back and forth rapidly.

He looked back at her sadly, his head low, and ears drooping.

"I didn't want to worry you..." he muttered.
"I'm way past worried, Branch!" she yelled. "We're both gonna die!"

     "Wow..." Branch gasped blinking at her in shock. "Your acting weird lately. Your acting like... like me..."
"Well, Branch... it's kinda hard to be positive in a situation like this!" Poppy yelled, beginning to pace anxiously.

He hated seeing her like this... it's exactly why he didn't tell her about what he read in that book. He just wanted her to be happy... to feel like she was safe. The problem was... she wasn't safe. Neither of them were...

"Well... what about cupcakes and rainbows?" Branch finally said, trying to help Poppy calm down. "Like you always tell me... look on the bright side."

     Poppy sighed, looking up at him, as he smiled comfortingly at her.

"Your right, Branch..." she muttered softly. "I'm sorry."

"We will find that stone, Poppy" Branch assured, looking straight into he beautiful pink eyes. "And you know how I know?" She shook her head, looking at him sadly, and he grabbed her hands, holding them gently in his, as he gave her a loving smile. "We're doing this with each other," he told her. "There is nothing you and I can't do when we're together."

Poppy smiled at his comforting words, and then hugged him tight, feeling much better now.

     "Thanks, Branch," she whispered to him.
"Any time..." he whispered back, kissing her head gently. "Now, come on. Let's go find that stone."

Back in Trollstopia
—————

     Branch and Poppy were still asleep in the hospital beds, completely unconscious. They hadn't moved once since yesterday, but at this very moment... their hands slowly began moving together.

     "Guys! Guys, look!" Biggie said, pointing over at Poppy and Branch excitedly, as he saw them moving.

The group of friends all looked up, seeing the two of them now holding hands, slight smiles on both of their faces.

"What does this mean?" Synth asked, confused about why this was happening.
"Hopefully... it means their gonna be ok..." Lagoona said, everyone nodding in agreement.

They looked at Poppy and Branch sadly, and then sighed, wishing their friends would just wake up.