Chapter 21

The trolls fought hard against the Bashoongas, but their were just too many of the giant creatures, all of them easily taking down the tiny trolls.

"You will do what I say, when I say it!" Oomar shouted, still standing up on the giant mushroom, his hairy foot holding Barb down on the ground, as she struggled to break free. "Or face the consequences!"

     Oomar raised his staff, ready to stab it down into the queen of rock, while all the other trolls watched helplessly, all of them being held back by the other Bashoongas.

     "This one!" Oomar announced, gesturing down at Barb. "Will be an example! If any of you ever try to defy me again..." He chuckled, smirking evilly down at Barb. "Well... you'll see..."

     The king Bashoonga readied himself to plunge his sharp staff right into Barb's chest, as she glared up at him with no fear.

     "STOP!" a shout suddenly rang out through the cool night air.

     "Hugh?" king Oomar mumbled, looking around for where the voice had come from. "Who..."
"Over here, frog face!"

He looked off into the distance, seeing Poppy standing within the crowed of trolls and Bashoongas.

     "Popsqueek!" Barb yelled out in pure joy, a smile lighting up her face, as she saw her friend was alright.

     The trolls all cheered, seeing Poppy standing amongst them. Their queen was back!

"What!?" Oomar shouted out in disbelief, his eyes wide in shock. "But... but the stone... you... you should be lost in an eternal sleep!"
"We're not that easy to get rid of," another voice said from behind him.

     Oomar turned to the sound, seeing Branch standing there, smiling smugly as he twirled a staff around in his hand.

     "Where did you get that staff!?" King Oomar yelled out in pure rage, glaring at the little blue troll.

     Branch smiled, thinking back to a few moments ago.

A few moments ago
—————

"Get back here, troll!" Ooblec shouted with an evil laugh, as he chased after a helpless troll toddler with his staff.

     "Mommy!" the young troll screamed, crying out for their mother, who they had gotten separated from in all the chaos. "Mommy! Help!"

     Ooblec gained on the little troll, readying his staff to slice the child's head clean off his shoulders.

"Hey!" a shout suddenly rung out from behind him.

     Ooblec's eyes widened in horror, as he stopped running, the toddler quickly escaping the large Bashoonga.

     "Oh no," Ooblec muttered, slowly turning around to see Branch standing behind him.

Branch smirked, knowing this particular Bashoonga was now terrified of him, after seeing his awesome ninja moves back at the village in the trees.

     "Boo," he said smugly, crossing his arms.
"AHHHHH!" Ooblec screamed, instantly dropping his staff, so he could run away in terror.

Quickly, Branch ran to the staff, scooping it up off the ground, as he chased after Ooblec.

"Get back here, so I can kick your butt!" Branch yelled after him.

Now
————

Branch smiled at the memory, and then finally turned his attention back to king Oomar.

"It's over, Oomar..." he said firmly, holding up his staff threateningly. "Surrender now."
"Ha! You think you can beat me!?" Oomar laughed. "You are nothing but a weak little rodent. You'll never win."

     Branch narrowed his eyes, glaring at the king Bashoonga.

     "We'll just see about that..." he muttered softly, before suddenly charging at Oomar, swinging the staff to knock him away, but just like at the village in the trees... the king Bashoonga grabbed hold of the staff, flipping the little troll over his head with ease.

"AHHHHH!" Branch screamed out in terror, flying through the air, before finally landing hard on the ground. "Ow..."

"See? Weak... pathetic... useless," King Oomar said, walking slowly over to Branch.

     Branch sat up, ready to continue fighting, but King Oomar kicked him right back down, holding him on the ground with his foot.

"Ugh!" he groaned, the heavy foot weighing down on his chest, as he struggled to break free, but it was no use. He was trapped...

"You... you are nothing," Oomar said harshly, glaring down at the little troll. "You are not fit to be king... I am!"

He raised up his staff into the air, holding the pointy end towards Branch.

     Branch's eyes widened in horror, as he watched helplessly, unable to save himself.

"No!" Poppy yelled, suddenly jumping at King Oomar.

     Oomar stumbled away from Branch, as Poppy sprung onto his back, tightening her grip around his warty throat.

     Branch gasped at the sight, sitting up as he stared with wide eyes at his wife putting herself in danger.

     "Poppy!"