Chapter 23

"Get your filthy troll hands off of me!" King Oomar shouted out in anger, as Officer Sparkleton dragged him away to the dungeon. "I am a King! You can't treat me like this! Nooooo!"

     Branch and Poppy stood together, holding hands as they watched King Oomar being taken away.

"Who's nothing now!?" Branch shouted out to him, chuckling softly.

     Poppy looked at Branch, smiling up at him, happy they were both safe and together.

Branch noticed Poppy gazing up at him, and turned to her, smiling as well, thankful to be able to see her beautiful face, hear her beautiful voice, and feel her hand holding lightly onto his.

     "We did it," she said, her voice filled with pride, as she smiled up at he husband. "We saved Trollstopia."
"I couldn't of done it without you," Branch said, kissing her forehead lovingly.
"And I couldn't of done it without you," Poppy said back, kissing his cheek.
"And neither of you could've done it without me," Barb said, suddenly popping up from nowhere.

     "Ahh!" Branch screamed, startled as he jumped back in shock, looking at the queen of rock with wide eyes.

"Really, all the credit should go to me," Barb said, crossing her arms, as she closed her eyes with pride.

     "Yeah, Barb," Branch said sarcastically, rolling his eyes. "It was totally all you."
"I know," Barb chuckled, not hearing Branch's sarcasm. "I rock so hard."

     She walked away laughing, as Branch rolled his eyes again before looking back at Poppy.

     "You're the one who should have all the credit, Poppy," he told her.
"Are you kidding me?" Poppy laughed, playfully punching Branch's arm. "I'd be dead if it wasn't for you. You were so brave."

She kissed his cheek, causing Branch to blush, as he looked away with a shy smile.

     "Oh... well..." Branch laughed nervously. "I was kinda brave... wasn't I?"
"The bravest," Poppy chuckled, hugging him tight.

     Suddenly, her hair began to wiggle, tickling Branch's nose slightly as she hugged him.

Branch's eyes widened, as he starred at her in shock.

     "Uh... Poppy?" he said softly, pointing to her hair. "What's happening?"

     Poppy looked up, gasping with excitement as she realized what was going on.

"The egg is hatching!" she announced with a squeal of joy, everyone gasping as they surrounded the two soon to be parents.

"Wait..." Branch gasped, his eyes widening in terror. "The baby's coming? Now!?" He began to panic, looking around in fear. "But... but I haven't baby proofed the village yet!" he yelled. "We need bubble wrap! All the bubble wrap!"

Poppy took Branch's hand giving him a comforting smile.

"It'll be ok..." she whispered to him.

He smiled back, finally turning his gaze to their egg, his heart soaring with pure love, as it began to crack.

     The egg cracked open, a tiny pink head poking out of the shell. The newborn baby looked around in confusion, as Branch starred at her in amazement.

     "Wow... she... she's so little," he said softly, slowly reaching up to take their new baby out of Poppy's hair.

He held her close, looking into her beautiful multi colored eyes.

The baby grabbed Branch's finger in her tiny hand, as she looked up at him with wide curious eyes.

     "Dadda," she finally giggled, smiling up at her father.
"Oh, Poppy," Branch said in awe, hugging his beautiful baby girl. "Look at her. She's perfect."

(Drawing by littlekitty1346)

     Poppy looked at her new baby lovingly, as the little newborn looked up at both of her parents.

"Mama!" she giggled, reaching her little arms upwards as she smiled cutely.

Poppy leaned in close to Branch, kissing his cheek, as she placed a gentle hand on her little girl's head.

"You're right, Branch," she said softly, smiling up at him. "She is perfect."

THE END

By: Taylor Moore