Chapter 22

"Poppy!" Branch yelled out in terror, as Poppy clung onto King Oomar who whipped her back and forth like a bucking Adorabull.

     Quickly, Branch jumped to his feet, running to save the troll he loved more than anything else in the world, but stopped dead in his tracks, as he was suddenly grabbed by two Bashoongas, who held tightly onto his arms, holding him back.

     "Poppy!" Branch shouted, struggling to break free from the Bashoongas' grasps. "No! Poppy!"

"Get off of me, troll!" King Oomar demanded in a shout, moving all around, trying to get Poppy off of him. "AHHH!" Poppy screamed, struggling to hold on.

Suddenly, she lost her grip, flying off of King Oomar, as she slammed hard into a tree, falling to the ground unconscious.

     "Poppy!" Branch yelled, tears forming in his bright blue eyes. "No!"

Panting heavily in pure rage, king Oomar walked over to Poppy, holding his staff high up in the air.

"This ends now!" he shouted, slamming his staff down at the queen of pop.

     "No!" Branch screamed, quickly flinging his hair forwards to grab onto the staff, and pull it back to him.

     Once the staff was in his hands, Branch whacked the two guards that held him, causing them to let go, as they fell to the ground.

     "Leave her alone!" Branch cried out in pure rage, as he ran at king Oomar, holding the staff high.

Quickly, he swung the staff, Oomar catching it in his hand once again.

"You never learn..." the king Bashoonga chuckled. "Do you, troll?"

     Branch glared at him, tears streaming from his eyes. He wasn't going to give up... he wasn't going to let him hurt Poppy.

     "Stamp the bow!" he suddenly yelled out, quickly punching his hair forewords to slap away the king Bashoonga.

     "AHHH!" Oomar shrieked out in shock, falling roughly to the ground.

     Branch stood, gripping the staff tightly in his hand, as he glared down at the hideous creature.

     "And you never learn..." he said firmly. "Never mess with the trolls..."

     Quickly, he stabbed the staff down at king Oomar, clipping his shirt with the spear, as it dug into the ground.

     Oomar's eyes widened in horror, as he looked at the staff right next to his neck, just inches away from piercing his leathery skin.

     Slowly, he looked back up at Branch, who stood over him with a firm glare on his face.

     "You're lucky..." he said softly but firmly. "Trolls don't hurt other creatures... but if you ever come back..." He lifted the spear up, holding it close to him. "Go... before I change my mind..."

     Oomar looked up at him in shock for a moment, his horrified look, suddenly turning to a sinister smile.

     "You truly are a weak, pathetic fool..." he snickered. "Can't even take out your enemy, while he's down..."

     "Kindness... is not weakness," Branch said firmly, gripping the staff tightly, fighting the urge to kill this beast right here and now.

     "You know what else isn't weakness..." Oomar chuckled. "Having the guts to finish what you started..."

     Suddenly, the king Bashoonga whipped his tail around, swiping Branch off of his feet.