CHAPTER 28

ERIER

Four Alpha-Draconian spaceships pursued me through the air, and these jerks were damned well prepared. How did they know of my presence? At first, I was hesitant to go near their mothership. I kept thinking of ideas but went out of strategy when the laser beams surprised me.

The truth was, I had no experience flying a ship in my whole life, let alone this one. Captain Okron and Zegyr were experts in this and even in this type of battle. They had trained and grown up with this while I was just an ordinary teacher. Although they had taught us small details, using them as weapons was another story. This was my first time, and worse, I was alone.

I never stopped flying this ship while they kept following me. The Alpha-Draconians were firing laser beams too, but I deflected them quickly using my force field. I learned the basics of operating this ship, but combating the enemies was beyond my knowledge. Only Captain Okron could do this. If they were here, they could take them down with less effort. But I'm fighting these monsters to find and rescue him.

I had yet to learn where I was. I sighed deeply and tried to shoot laser beams, but I only missed my target. This monster's spaceship was hard to hit. They could accurately avoid me as if I were only firing toward the atmosphere, the wind, and the clouds. I patted my forehead. Erier, you're an idiot.

A strong shudder stunned me, and a 3D hologram popped out, showing the tail end, which had already been damaged. I needed to strike these monsters and take them down, or else it would be game over for me. But I didn't know what to do. I concentrated on breathing and repeatedly told myself that I could do this. I closed my eyes and activated the invisible mode, moving the ship to a much higher altitude and reaching Earth's stratosphere. The ship's energy source was weaker up here. Then the four spaceships of the Alpha-Draconian came to a halt below me. The invisible mode had worked again. Now, it was my turn to take a shot. My ship was much higher than theirs, and I could see my target from here.

Under the dark sky, I could see them scattered in every direction. I realized that these monsters could not have an invisible mode, so I could still say that we were superior to them in terms of machinery and warfare.

I stayed much higher than them and followed one of the monsters' ships flying in the northern direction. Then I remembered that Captain Zegyr had taught me when to fire a weapon. He taught me to move my two hands in a circular, slow, gentle motion beside the 3D hologram. This was how I could make a target. I followed it, and when the mark had set my target, I put my palms on top of the hologram and moved it in a swirling motion. The ship would shoot a laser beam if the target had a mark.

Then I tried myself, and he was right. A laser beam came out from the tail end of the ship and knocked the monster's ship below me. "Yes!" I burst out in joy. The enemy's ship exploded in just one blow. I flew the ship much faster and saw the three remaining ships.

My lips curled upward. "Catch me if you can." My confidence soared after the first successful attempt. I could handle these three now.

And then everything worked out. I had taken down the two enemy ships, and only one remained. However, I was surprised when it vanished from my sight, and suddenly, my ship shuddered much stronger. I learned that the last ship had fired a laser beam at me, which stunned me since my spaceship was in invisible mode. How the hell did it see me?

It turned off the invisible mode, and now they could see me in the air. I activated the force field, but the ship had sustained damage, so I needed to go back to the woods where Iris was before I lost control of the spaceship. I could eject myself from here, but I decided to fly away from the enemy, and they started chasing me.