- 13 -

Harry pov

We walked back into the Great Hall.

Neville kept a hand on my shoulder and steered me to our seats at the Gryffindor table.

"Try to eat something other than chicken for once Harry. I heard the pudding is really good," Neville whispered in my ear.

I blushed as I felt his lips brush against my ear.

I couldn't think of anything but that. However, I listened to Neville and decided to try the pudding for once. It was actually really good.

The voices around us were still focused on me and Neville but I managed to drown them out.

I could pretend to be Hermione. I could have a hard as nails persona and be super nice to everyone to get them to like me again.

I finished eating and watched as the first and second years were shown proper dorms.

Soon, all the other years were filtered out except for the twenty or so eighth years.

Neville and I sat at one end of the hall while most people sat down by the teachers tables.

"Hey Harry, we're getting a lot of stares now," Neville whispered.

I snapped out of whatever trance I was in and looked around.

Everyone was staring right at us.

They didn't even try to hide it. Even the people that I once called friends were staring at me as if I was an exhibit in a museum.

"I thought the stares and whispers didn't get to you," I whispered back to him.

"Yeah, but it's not only students. It's teachers now too," He said.

"Well then let's just go sit with them then," I said. "Come on Nev."

I said as I pulled him up.

We walked and made our way over to the front of the tables.

I sat a few feet away from Seamus and Dean while Neville sat closer to me.

The stares didn't stop though. This just gave people a better look at me.

At my scarred face and at my supposed status of 'savior or destruction'.

"Ahem," A voice called from the podium. Professor McGonagall stood fall with her pointed hat on her head. "Well hello all eighth years. It's lovely to see your faces after the year we've had. Obviously this isn't a very large class but since building repairs were made, we adjusted the dorms for all of you to share a dorm. You may have roommates from mixed houses since there aren't enough of you from every house. And with that please follow me," She said.

Neville and I stood up first and made our way to the front to avoid the stares we would get if we stood in the back.